Direct fit Limbsaver recoil pad? - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Default Direct fit Limbsaver recoil pad?

I just got an H&R shotgun that I know a bunch of you guys are looking for, and will post pictures and the story as soon as I have a chance, but in the meantime I have a question that I need answered. I've googled and looked everywhere on here that I could find before asking about this because I know it's been asked a lot in the past, and I apologize if I missed where it was answered. Does Limbsaver make a direct fit pad for the H&R Topper, or am I stuck with either a grind to fit or a slip on? I don't have a belt sander for the grind to fit, and neither does any of my friends that I'm aware of, and I really don't care for the look of a slip on. I'm going to call Limbsaver to see what they have to say, but I figured I'd ask here first because of the huge amount of collective knowledge. Thanks for your time and input.
-Grasshopper-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 10:27 AM

I don't think so. Sims and Kick-eez both have templates on their websites you can print out to compare to your stock (make sure to print them actual size!).

I think there is one or two that are a pretty close fit, but not exact. Can't remember which one(s) they are, but I'm sure someone on here can tell you.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

There are some real close fits discussion links in the FAQs(near the top in the stickys). In reality wood stocked H&R/NEF pads were custom fit to stock when they're finished, the stock and pad are sanded to fit at the same time, this can easily be seen when swapping pads from like models, they're close, but not identical, only the synthetic stocks have identical pads.

Tim

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" - Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdtoo View Post
There are some real close fits discussion links in the FAQs(near the top in the stickys). In reality wood stocked H&R/NEF pads were custom fit to stock when they're finished, the stock and pad are sanded to fit at the same time, this can easily be seen when swapping pads from like models, they're close, but not identical, only the synthetic stocks have identical pads.

Tim
I found a limbsaver direct fit #10112 for an H&R Ultra Slug Gun and Handi Rifle. All I have to do is exactly what limbsaver tells you to do on their website, use a dremel tool to slot the screw holes on the bottom of the pad, slide it into place, and tighten it down. As you can see in the pictures it's off by about 1/16 of an inch
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-25-2020, 08:49 PM

I ended up buying a slip on this summer for my NEF. It does the job and I got used to it. For my Ruger#1B I bought a direct fit, but that was some years ago. It really makes a difference when you know you're not going to get beat up by the shots.

Tom
Alabama Hunter and firearms safety instructor

I really like my handguns and Single shot rifles!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page