Huntsman powder charge - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by busta View Post
Tim.

I would chip in more, if l didn't have to jump through all the hoops to just post a simple reply. This new format sucks, bad!

Then you have a smart ass moderator and a few others that don't have a clue, promoting shooting smokeless powder out of Huntsman's and Sidekicks using the Metrics Unlimited Breech Plug. What could go wrong there??? Ask Dinny and Old School Ranger what loads are safe to shoot.

For the other guys in the thread, here is the old pics. Just make sure to read the red print. Disregard the .45 caliber information in the first pic, they never released the fast twist 1:20 NEF Huntsman .45 cal. Do not use that information for the old H&R .45 caliber Huntsman's from the 1970's.

The first pic is for the NEF Huntsman, 2002 revision.

The second pic is for my 2004 NEF Sidekick .50 caliber with 24" barrel with 7/8" breech plug. Same for my last model year 2008 H&R Sidekick .50 caliber with 26" barrel and 5/8" breech plug. They both use the same manual with the 2004 revision. Barrel length of 24" or 26", breech plug of 5/8" or 7/8" is all the same.

You can find the information that goes along with these pics in the stickies, I think.

This will probably be my last post here, one way or the other. Not the same place it used to be. Lots of good people here, but a few misguided one too.

Don't anyone ever shoot smokeless powder in a Huntsman or Sidekick with any breech plug including the Metrics Unlimited Breech Plug. The rifles and breech plugs were not designed for smokeless powder pressures, and were never condoned by H&R/NEF, Marlin, Remington, or Metrics Unlimited. PERIOD!
Busta just became my hero.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Handis 223 Superlight, 357 Maxi x 2,
Pardners 410 22''full, 20ga Tamer, 20ga 20' threaded for chokes youth model, Pardner 12ga 18.5 threaded for chokes.
too many numerous ones that have been sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page