Graybeard Outdoors banner

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews Showcase items About

• · Registered
    571 Posts
    We have about 24" after today, it warmed up to 30 degrees this afternoon. We had lost all of our snow about 6 weeks ago then got 2 weeks of -30 degrees. We've had 31 inches in 35 days with another foot expected north of us this weekend. I run grader for a living and have worked 30 out of those 35 days. We had another 500 year flood last summer (3rd in 12 years) so our water tables were full going into winter, frost is deep (5 1/2') and now they say we are on the warm side of this storm and might get 1 1/2" of rain tomorrow. They're talking flooding already for spring. I'd like to see 32 degrees everyday and 20 every night till the deep snow pack north of us melts. The county I live in is high bluffs with creeks and rivers in the bottoms if the snow melts fast things really get rockin' and rollin'. Look on the bright side, spring always wins out over winter, always has, always will.

· Registered
    827 Posts
    Hey There Northwood neil,

How much snow do you have on the ground up there on the flat. I am in Shirley Mills , Maine and of this morning we are showing about 2 inches over 4 1/2 feet in our back yard. We have a Huskvarna lawn tractor with a snowblower on the front that we have been using. Thank goodness as now we would have no place to put the snow if we were plowing. Most of our snowfall has been in the 3-5 inch range but they have been every other day. Thank goodness next month has the first day of spring. Don't know what the spring melt will be like and can't imagine what the runoff will be in our streams and rivers.
    What are you seeing up where you are? So much for global warming!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…