Graybeard Outdoors banner

32 Magnum Will be missed

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  knight0334 
#1 ·
I will surley miss Jim's insight and knowledge. My prayers go out to his family and loved one's. Kurt "I have again the great sorrow to announce that the world of H&R Firearms and Charter Arms enthusiasts has lost another historian.

James "Jim" Hauff, also known as 32 Magnum here and at countless other websites, passed away on October 12th, 2012. Between 32 Magnum, and Jim Ritchie who passed away this spring, we have lost two of the greatest minds in H&R Firearms.

32 Magnum offered his knowledge out like candy on Halloween - free for all those interested. Even though I never had met Jim in real life[/color], I considered him a personal friend. He and I would correspond with each other about H&R topics and when one spotted a H&R for sale that the other wanted.

Jim was also a veteran of the Vietnam War[/color], having served his country - which there again gets a bunch of respect from me."

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/mcall/obituary.aspx?n=james-hauff&pid=160464010#fbLoggedOut[/color]

#2 ·
My stomach sank to the bottom of my gut when I learned that 32 Magnum passed away.

He and I were emailing back and forth back in May, then all of a sudden I stopped getting replies. I hadn't heard from him in awhile, and others had questions about H&R and Charter made guns that he would normally jump on.

Back in August I started looking for him across the entire internet, but I saw that every site he was a member at all activity stopped in July. Well, every couple weeks I'd do a look for him - nothing new. My last attempt discovered his obituary, which I confirmed with one of his relatives on Facebook.

The loss of 32 Magnum is a hard pill to swallow. While there are a bunch of "us" that know the somewhat recent production of H&R really well, Jim knew the old stuff and the handguns like no other that was still around.

I do hope his book makes it to press and/or one of his kinfolks carries on with his legacy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.