.32 Magnum Model 504 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Default .32 Magnum Model 504

Hi guys. I have a 504 H&R .32 Magnum, 4" barrel, S/N BB034356. My question is, all the pictures I see of this gun have a little loop from the rear of the trigger guard back to the front of the handle, which mine doesn't have. But in the Numrich parts breakdown, it looks like either shape guard was available. I wonder why mine would have the un-looped guard, was it an option and most people just liked the looped one? Or was it related to its place in the years it was manufactured? It is stamped H&R Inc., Gardner, Mass. U.S.A. Oh, I guess I do have one other question--the gun appears to have been used very little yet the cylinder seems to have a fair amount of wobble on the shaft. Is this common?
Thanks, I look forward to your knowledge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 04:48 PM

Gun Cabinet

Does it look like this one? I have no real experience with these guns. Just so happened that I looked over this one today and planned to ask about it's value. I do see pictures of the other trigger guard style.

Thanks, Dinny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181218_141721_1545166086822.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	594.6 KB
ID:	224458  

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem

Last edited by dinny; 12-18-2018 at 05:34 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mine looks just about like that except it's blued. I've found some useful info on pofoa.org, I think it is, mentioning the book by Goforth. Stands for Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Association, I think. Anyway mine is also a BB S/N which they say is 1985. Does yours have the wobble to the cylinder mine does? Its lockup is pretty tight and it doesn't have excessive end play, the cylinder just doesn't fit its axis very precisely. Plus, the swing arm has a little slop in it, seemingly. Don't know how significant that is; seems to shoot okay. According to the other website, H&R was having trouble about this time and having made this larger frame that they used in bigger-bore revolvers, used them in smaller bores as well--just using up parts--and the trigger guard seems to fall into that category as well. Mine has the same grip as yours. I lightened the trigger spring a bit which doesn't seem to keep it from working just fine and makes it a whole lot more civilized. Actually I swapped the spring with another I had. They appear to have called the barrel a "bull" barrel, I guess because it's pretty stout--again, probably because it was also used for .38 caliber? Don't know if they were made in anything larger than that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 10:24 PM

Gun Cabinet

I only handled that gun once. I noticed the slop and gave it back to the seller. Life's too short to shoot cheap guns. I'm glad yours is a shooter. I just couldn't warm up it this one.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page