Graybeard Outdoors banner

Remington American Hunter 700 in 6.5 Range Report

826 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  deerman12 
#1 ·
I broke down and bought another Remington this year. It feels a lot like a model seven. I had to work the trigger a little to get it at 3 lbs. It really shoots well. I am a big fan of Remington bolt action.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
That is a sweet rifle! And shoot like I would expect it to after buying my 6.5, it was Rem PCR model. It's the most accurate rifle/caliber I've put my hands on. Since first shot, nothing I put through it shoots over MOA including factory ammo and hunting load is way under. They both have the 5R rifling, which I really like, but yours has a 20" pipe vs 24 on mine. Looks like you are getting about same velo as I am, using 140 Accubonds with 39.5 gr IMR 4350. My daughter who is now 11 has killed 2 bucks with it.

$1,050 is a steal for a rifle that shoots that well out of the box and not even broke in. Lots of guys are paying 2 to 10x that for that same accuracy.

Love Remmy's, but to be honest, their triggers suck now. All of mine get Timney 512's right away, I don't even mess with them anymore...

#6 ·
Buckskin, you are correct. I will be purchasing a Timney trigger after deer season. Remington's X Pro trigger is no prize. I have a Model seven XCR in 7mm08 it shoots pretty close to this rifle with handloads. I like those 20 inch barrels for hunting out of treestands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.