Remington Letter - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Remington Letter

I got a letter in the mail from Remington today. Anyone else get it? I haven't paid attention to Rem for a while. What missteps have they taken this time??

Thanks, Dinny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191228_173553_1577572569241.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	716.6 KB
ID:	238804  

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 07:35 PM

Now that's funny! They admitted (in writing!) they've been turning out junk!! But, thoughtful of them to give you a heads up that better stuff is on the way. :-)

Maybe they could recall all of the old stocks of junk that's out there so we'd all know we could buy with confidence!??? Be nice if they would have notified us when they were producing junk.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 08:01 PM

Dinny, have you sent any of your rifles back for the trigger recall? I think that is what the letter is referring to.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 08:03 PM

I got it
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Dave View Post
Dinny, have you sent any of your rifles back for the trigger recall? I think that is what the letter is referring to.
The only Remington I own has a Timney trigger that I installed in it.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-28-2019, 10:46 PM

That's a strange letter. I didn't receive it even though (I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually bought a new Remington this past year. It's a Versa Max 12 gauge and I have to admit I actually love it so far. Shot a lot of trap with it this year and killed a bunch of ducks this fall with it. I know they had issues with it when they first introduced it around 7 years ago (it's Remington after all) but they apparently got the bugs worked out because mine has been dead nuts reliable so far. It is by far the softest shooting 12 gauge I've ever shot. It's so mild I was actually using 3.5" shells during duck season.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 07:10 AM

I find it funny that they apologize for guns that even in there worse years outshot the rugers that everyone praises. 77s that don't shoot, revolvers that sound like a rattle when you shake them. Once heard a very prominent man in the gun industry say Smith makes handguns. Ruger makes customizing projects. Sad when your best shooting bolt gun ever is a entry level plastic stocked 400 dollar gun. They do make a good single shot and a good shotgun though. But those aren't given away. I don't think they have a thing to apologize for. Some idiots who don't know the most basic safety law and that's not to point your gun at someone EVER kill people and don't want to take blame so trump up some big story about there triggers (that probably never were cleaned) to suit Remington. Guns that don't shoot??? Ive got an 06 sps bought in that period that an easy 3/4 inch 5 shot group gun. As was my cdl 257wby and my 300 win mag sps would do an inch. Funny I didn't get one of those crappy shooting guns. Guys sure like trying to take down the big dog. I think criticizing rem makes some think they look like a seasoned gun man when in fact it does just the opposite.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 07:59 AM

Sadly, Rem turned out guns with a problem, and turned out millions of them. In this day and age any gunmaker doesn't have to make a big mistake, since the antis will pursue even the smallest problem to the max.

If you recall, the antis sued and destroyed almost all the small, struggling handgun makers, right out of business.

Sure, some of those guns were junk, but there happened to be some that were good guns also, but the antis didn't care, they just wanted to destroy.

My LGS owner says if Rem were require to rework or replace every bolt action in their 700 series, it could destroy Remington financially, because of the numbers out there in circulation.

I hope this is not a "heads up" of more problems down the road.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 07:16 AM

I don't see the problem with them. Myself and many (even some here) have bought them in recent years and have gotten fine guns. I sure cant say that about ruger and wheres the uproar to rebarrel all of them so they actually shoot. Nope, this is just another attack by the antis. The trigger deal was so blown out of proportion that its sickening. 45 years of having rems and even adjust triggers ive never seen even one go off on its own and I sure haven't seen a barrel all on its own point at a human!!! All it was was some people who shot there kid or someone else and rather then take the blame blamed it on some phony "it went off on its own bs" One guy even claimed his went off laying on the bench with the safety on!! Total bs. then the antis ears perked up! "a way to attack a gunmaker" you know they weren't going to pass that up and the real bs is people that shoot even jumped on the bandwagon and bashed them. Most who never even owned a 700. Id sure like to know what all that work your gun dealer says needs to be done is comprised of?? So list those problems for me. Ive heard the safety bs. Ive heard the bolt handle falling off crap. Funny thing is ive yet to personaly see that one either except one idiot at the range that put a load so hot that it locked his bolt up and he had to beat up and back with a 2x4 and a hammer.\

I hear fit and finish is sub standard compared to the old days. Maybe in a matte blued cheap sps but take a bdl or cdl and check it out compared to the old guns and youll actually find better fit and finish. Sorry I call bs on your gun dealer and anyone that bashes remingtons. Its like those who bash new ford or chev trucks. They think it makes them look intelligent when it does just the opposite. They drive there rust buckets because they cant afford a new one. They buy there savage axis and ruger americans because that's what they can afford and think to make them look justified they need to bash the big dogs. Personaly I hope that when my great great grandkids get old enough to buy a gun they can still pick a 700 or 70 because the antis haven't drove them out of business. I also have to say again I laugh my but off at people who bash Remington quality and go and buy a ruger and think they got some premium brand.

Ive owned well over 50 rugers on various types through the years and have seen and shot 1000s. Ive seen more junk and defects slip by quality control with rugers then I have all the other brands combined. Ive had ruger single actions that sounded like a rattle when you shook them. One vaquero that had the grove on the top strap go from the back to the front so crooked it went from one side to the other. I had a #1 257 roberts that the falling block was drilled for the firing pin so far off that it barely hit the brass. Then add to that the couple dozen 77s ive bought and got rid of because they shot more like a shot gun then a rifle. Sound like im a rem fan. Well I guess I am but truth be told I actually prefer a model 70 which I feel today is the best under a 1000 dollar rifle made and much better then any 70 that's came before it.

The whole trigger thing with rem is the same bs that happened to bob baker at Freedom Arms. Some hillbilly shot himself doing quick draws and suited him for not having a transfer bar in his gun. Was the gun defective? **** NO. Its one of the most precise made guns in the world. What was defective was that idiot and the anti gun court system that allowed that bs to happen.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 08:53 AM

I hope all here understood..I am not "bashing" Remingtons, but just stating the case..and I didn't expect anyone to immediately jump onto the defensive.
Yes, the action problems have been blown way out of proportion, and the 700 action is good enough for some fine makers to use the 700 action as a raw action to build into their starter models of their sniper type rifles.

I thought it also went without saying, that in order for anyone to get shot..the muzzle has to be pointed at them...that's elementary!

Nor would I use such an occasion to bash Ruger, Savage, CZ, Tikka, Browning, or any other maker...simply because If I complained about a loose lever on a Marlin or sticky bolt on a Browning, that would only work into the anti's favor!

Passing on what my LGS owner said was no attempt to "bash" Remington..so there is no need to become hostile.

My goodness! Is Swampy back!! Name calling/personal attack: Graybeard.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page