450 bushmaster - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Default 450 bushmaster

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at the Remington 783, 450 bushmaster. Iv'e seen one with a green stock and it says it has a 18" barrel and another one with a tan stock and it says 16.5 barrel. Are these different barrel lengths guns, or is the listings wrong on the barrel length? I'm asking because on Remington's website, they only list the 16.5" barrel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-19-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musky michael View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm looking at the Remington 783, 450 bushmaster. Iv'e seen one with a green stock and it says it has a 18" barrel and another one with a tan stock and it says 16.5 barrel. Are these different barrel lengths guns, or is the listings wrong on the barrel length? I'm asking because on Remington's website, they only list the 16.5" barrel.
Sounds logical to me, since my Ruger American Ranch .450 bushmaster has a barrel just barely over 16"..

https://ruger.com/products/americanR...ets/16950.html

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.. (Gen George S. Patton)
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-20-2020, 09:14 AM

It sure but I agree your probably correct and it’s just a typo.

I have the RUGER and like it allot. Good caliber. I traded a H&R Cassull for mine. Knowing the bushy could surpass anything the Cassull could do. Most of my loads are Heavy RUGER / Light Cassull levels. I killed truck loads of deer with my 45 Colts so I know more ain’t needed for my kinda deer killin. It It’s nice to know I can get a 300g cooking along for serious steam roller power!

My load last year was AA#9 and a 225g Solid copper Cassull bullet at 2300 FPS. Shot MOA!! Light recoil and in wet magazines it was almost perfect!! Pretty Light recoil for what it was too.

Good luck

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page