10 point scope problem - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Default 10 point scope problem

Twice this year I have had to re-adjust cross-hairs. Most recently 8 clicks @ 35 yards. Does anyone else have problem? Do you think it's the scope itself or is it just easy to become mis-aligned from handling?

Last edited by rebal; 11-02-2017 at 11:58 AM. Reason: correction
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:29 PM

Gun Cabinet

If everything is tight than I would say you have a scope that will not hold zero most scopes will handle a little rough handleing what brand what mounts might help us understand the problem. Bushnell told me on a scope that I sent back for repair or replace that the scope rings had been mounted too close to the bells but I think that was an excuse as nothing in all the material that comes with the scope says anything about that. I also received a gun package from Savage with a scope factory mounted and the rings were at the bell so if that is a problem you would think that the factory would know to not do that

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

The "10 point" scope came as a package. If I recall correctly it was all ready mounted on my "Wicked Ridge + bow but I may have mounted it myself. All screws are tight. It doesn't happen all the time so I keep trying it out to see if 0 moves.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

If this does not happen again, I will assume I knocked it off when transporting. It doesn't make sense that POI changes only happen infrequently when all screws are tight. Thanks for replies.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 03:34 PM

I have the same crossbow. So far I have only sighted it in last year and am going to be shooting it again soon to see if it is still sighted in. Is it possible something is loose on the crossbow?

I stand for the Republic and all who oppose me be cursed!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 PM

Default Gee I wonder

What else could possibly be the problem?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Have you changed bolts/broadheads over that period of time? Don;t take much of a change in those areas to affect POI dramatically. How old is your set-up? Iffin there is an issue, I would contact Ten-Point, they have excellent customer service. I have the same set-up as you and have not had to re-adjust the scope in 4 years. But I have used the same bolts/broadheads over that period. Do you use lube on your rail?

"where'd you get the gun....son?"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 01:21 AM Thread Starter

Since I tightened up all bolts the problem has been solved. I guess it's just the repeated recoil that loosened everything up. Thanks for all replies!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 05:53 AM

ive got a 10 point too. It has been flawless for years. I put a vortex crossbow scope on it and its held zero perfectly. that is up till this year. When I took it out it was shooting about 5 inches to the left and group sizes were about double what I used to be. I rezeroed it and tried it again a week later and it was off and low this time. I pulled my scope off and found the scope block screws had come loose and the mount was about to fall off. Put it back on with some lock tight and its been fine sense. Lots of shacking and vibration with a cross bow. There probably harder on a scope and mounts then a rifle is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebal View Post
Since I tightened up all bolts the problem has been solved. I guess it's just the repeated recoil that loosened everything up. Thanks for all replies!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-08-2019, 12:51 PM

I agree removable loctite is the way to go I use it on all my bases. Glad this was rehashed as I have a crossbow I bought so will have to remove the scope and threadlock the base.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page