Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/120-texas.html)
-   -   Where have all the Texans gone? (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/120-texas/196107-where-have-all-texans-gone.html)

ShooterSATX 07-30-2011 10:53 AM

Where have all the Texans gone?

What's up folks?! It seems that the Texans have disappeared. We need to get this back up and running. I know there are SOOO many folks here. Whether it's rifle, pistol or Bow hunting, let's start posting folks.

I too, am guilty of a short hiatus. I am back now and looking forward to all the knowledge from my fellow Texans!

Shooter

47-70 07-30-2011 03:28 PM

Re: Where have all the Texans gone?

Dunno, what is it this time, Floods washing you into the Golf or are you turning into mummies because of no rain and lots of heat?

bugeye 07-30-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scatterbrain
Dunno, what is it this time, Floods washing you into the Golf or are you turning into mummies because of no rain and lots of heat?

yeah, they dried up and blew away.

rdlange 07-30-2011 09:12 PM

Not much to say. Don't have a lease. No buddies with land. Don't know Fed. parks well enough yet to bother. No hogs in the back yard. Don't have $2K to go shoot a ranch pasture buck... So I just shoot at the local range.

Be Well anyway...

GeneRector 07-30-2011 11:52 PM

:) Howdy! I'm still here. It has been too hot and dry to do much of anything outside. Stock tanks have dried up and wild game is looking for other water sources. The hunting may not be so good this Fall if we don't get some serious rain before long. I want to be optimistic though. Always, Gene

47-70 07-31-2011 12:59 PM

We got plenty of that wet stuff here. It poured all of yesterday.

markc 08-02-2011 09:47 PM

Scatterbrain where are you? Nice to hear someone has gotten rain.

Headed to the ranch in the early morning hours tomorrow, for a quick turn around trip. Too hot to stay out there too long. Filling feeders, moving one, dropping off next winters supply of fire wood, and setting up one new bow hunting tripod. Hope heat stroke doesn't get me.

HL 08-05-2011 05:53 PM

The only thing good that's come out of this drought, IF you want to call it that, is that we have been able to clean out about 5-6 feet of silt from 3 stock tanks that have gone dry. First time these tanks have gone dry in the 140 years our family has had the land. this is up in San Saba county.

When it finally decides to rain again, these babies will hold almost double what they have been. We've had 5.5 inches since last September.

47-70 08-05-2011 07:45 PM

How are your wells holding up.
It has got to be brutal keeping livestock watered. :o

redhawksixsh 08-08-2011 12:52 AM

I am still here! Jeff in N.E. San Antonio. My tanks here at the house are still holding water, but won't for long if we don't get any rain. The deer here are hanging in there, I saw a bachelor group of bucks two weeks back and all had average antlers. Let's all pray for rain!