Management hunt for Mule Deer or Antelope around Van Horn or Odessa, Texas - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Default Management hunt for Mule Deer or Antelope around Van Horn or Odessa, Texas

Spent a few years working out of Odessa about 30 years ago. Liked to take scenic drives out to Van Horn and up into the Guadalupe area. I had always really wanted to hunt the Apache Mountain area but work was 24-7s. Getting older now and certainly no richer. Any idea of a management hunt guided for either species that won't cost an arm and a leg. I wouldn't mind paying $3000.00 or so for a 3-4 day hunt with a few amenaties. If I don't do it in next few years I probably never will. Doesn't need to be a huge trophy but nice animal. Just to do the hunt after being stuck in Georgia for 30 years would be more than enough for me. Would like a decent success rate. I know terrain is much longer than here but I do a lot of bench shooting and feel confident with 300-350 yard shots. Crane and Mcamey area would be nice area too. Used to see a few Mulies down around Castle Gap park years ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 09:48 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gunshunting View Post
... after being stuck in Georgia for 30 years ...
What you mean "stuck" in Jawja, boy?! You some kinda closet yankee or sumpin'?

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Yep. Stuck. Wife not problem or we'd b gone. 12 grandkids. I doubt we are leaving. I'm no boy. Actually not from Ga either. Come from the hills of Tn and Va. Seeing as you are in metro Atlanta you surely have to love all these people here and of course this fine traffic that takes 2 hours each way daily to drive 40 miles. Just funnin but it sure would be nice to get me a good old sage eating deer before I can't do it anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 12:09 PM

Gun Cabinet

Shoot, I got 9 grand babies my own self! And 'cause I live in Cobb County, AKA the bastion of republicanism, and worked in Atlanta, I made that drive for over 40 years!

Be sure to let us know any information you get on the hunts. Sounds like fun and I ain't ever et no sage fed deer!

Richard
Former Captain of Horse, keeper of the peace and interpreter of statute. Currently a Gentleman of Leisure.
Nemo me impune lacessit

Support your local US Military Vets Motorcycle Club
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 09:12 PM

No idea what it runs on price but look up the KBAR ranch and lodge in Ector county owned by Jim Blain. Never hunted his ranch but have shot sporting clays there years ago. He has a sporting clay course set up in an old caliche pit and it was a lot of fun to shoot.

wtxbadger
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Looks like nice ranch but way out of my price

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page