Win M95 405 Win and NOE411-251WFN - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2017, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

Default Win M95 405 Win and NOE411-251WFN

I have one of the Winchester M95 Teddy Rosevelt 405 win rifles, and have been trying the noe 411-251WFN bullet in it.
The bullets are sized to .413" and lubed with Carnauba Blue, seated to 2.985". 27 grains of Herc 2400 gives 1822fps.
I'm getting fairly good results, but I think the gun and load looks like it wants to shoot better.

My eyes are getting so they don't see open sights as clearly as they used to. I put a peep sight on it, but I think the peep is too large. I've ordered a variety of sizes and am still waiting for them to show up.
I'm thinking of mounting a scope to it for load developement. Does anyone know if the Weaver side mount will fit the factory drilled holes?
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/429...FU6ewAodP0kMIg

Home of Carnauba Red High Speed Lube
http://www.lsstuff.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 06:28 AM

Wow you have to be one of the only ones shooting one! I give you lots of credit for that. I don't know what alloy your using but across the board ive gotten better luck accuracy wise especially in rifles with harder alloys. try something at least 16bhh and if I really wanted to tune it id try alloys from 16 to 20 and even give water dropped ww a try for an economical alloy. Keep in mind though it that's 100 yard shooting that that will take any game animal the 405 is ideal for at probably twice that range and that's about as far as your going to shoot a 405 anyway. Very cool gun your playing with and I wish you good luck

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-04-2017, 06:23 PM

Gun Cabinet

:Send the rifle to me and I'll find a good load for it. It's a beauty! Good luck with your quest.

Thanks, Dinny

I reload and shoot 348 Win, 358 Win, 6.5 Grendel, 30-06 Springfield, 300 BLK, 44 Mag, 357 Maximum, 9mm, 45 ACP, 45 Colt, 225 Win and 35 Rem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 07:29 AM

Do you know the bore diameter, if not slug the bore. Try looking @ Montana Bullet Works....
Good luck, the 1895 Winchester is one of my favorites.

Health & Happiness

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page