Chiappa Double Badger - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:12 PM

I have a hammer drilling by my chair, I've been shooting problem pine (red) squirrels with it.

I got two a few days ago, with a "right" and a "left"...

DM

Lincolns legacy is, he freed the slaves

Obama's legacy will be, he freed the terrorist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:20 PM

I've got a DB that I put a picatinny rail and an inexpensive 2x long eye relief scope on. Shoots fine. It is up for sale now. I really don't use it and have other desires. No issues with it and accurate enough.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzerbotz View Post
I've got a DB that I put a picatinny rail and an inexpensive 2x long eye relief scope on. Shoots fine. It is up for sale now. I really don't use it and have other desires. No issues with it and accurate enough.
GBO has a classifieds section. Have you listed it there for sale? Pictures help the sale. And a price is required.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:49 AM

I had one for a time. I liked it for the sights, the double triggers, and its handiness. However, it was particular about ammo - the .22 lr ammo from Aquila had problems. Either the rim was too strong for the firing pin or the firing pin spring was too weak. CCI and other ammo worked. For me, a trunk gun or survival gun must shoot any brand of ammo in that caliber. (Similar issues I had with the Henry AR7 survival rifle and the Marlin 795 - they required high velocity ammo as standard velocity would not operate the action half the time).

At one time EAA (also known as Spartan under the Remington Brand) had a very nice combo in .22 or .22 Magnum over 20 gauge. It had double triggers. It was accurate. It had a rear sight that was only adjustable for windage and the front sight for elevation. I had one for a time in .22 Magnum over 20 gauge. I wanted one in .22 but could never find one as they seem to disappear by buyers quicker than me. They did make a slightly different model in .22 over .410.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:13 PM

I also dearly want a 22 mag/410. I have seen a couple on the web gun sales sites but they haven't called to me yet.

I knew about these and a shop on the other side of the state got a couple so I took the trip. There size is ok but the action and everything just left me flat. Not appealing.
Savage 24 have there own Idiosyncrasies but I know and like them better. Ill wait. Ill find one one day.

Good luck

CW

"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member

I PROUDLY SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. and the THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 08:23 PM
SJB

Purchased one 4 years ago. When I got it home and out of the box I was horrified at the poor finishing. Mill marks, file marks, the sides of the receivers had ripples in them, and also a deep line that looked like a crack in the receiver. Four scope holes were drilled but not threaded. Sent gun back to Chiappa with letter pointing out the flaws, asked for a new gun. Chiappa threaded the holes and returned same gun with note that screw holes were 6-40.Tried 6-40 screw but it was swallowed up by the hole. Called Chiappa and asked them to check with gunsmith on screw size.They said he said it was 6-40, I said that's impossible and asked to speak with gunsmith. Was told no, he never answers the phone ( wonder why). Finally found a screw to fit and realized holes were off center by 20 degrees and useless anyway. Next problem was .22 firing pin was so long it would crush the shell after firing. Had to use pocketknife to remove shell as extractor could not remove. Also, to remove shells you need to take the safety off before opening with the lever. There have also been cases where rounds have gone off when gun is closed because firing pins had not retracted. Also real problem with parts availability, Chiappa does not list parts (with prices) for this on their site but states you need to call for parts. They refuse to sell many common parts but demand that you send gun in for repair as only their old world master craftsman can work on this gun. I've seen glowing reviews on YouTube of the Double Badger but, they are always shooters who just purchased it and have not used the gun much. It's a shame because the basic design is good and it could be a neat little gun. Would love to see Henry manufacture these.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page