S&W model 31-1, 32 S&W long - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
He could try a Wonder sight, it's adjustable add on?
Steve
Never heard of that one. Thanks

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 06:18 PM

Pastorp: those little 32s are a hoot. Friend has one, a twin to the one you describe. I replaced the springs with a set of Wolf Springs and a bit of internal polishing and she is sweet. And the 32 is a interesting cartridge especially if you reload and more than adequate for smaller game or smaller predators or nuisances. (I can't believe I just spelled that right..). I believe recalling the wad cutters were pretty accurate and some of the loadings from the older Lyman manuals are respectable for a cartridge and revolver of that era. I like the 30 bore in pistols as it has surprising penetrability. For me those are the 7.65 mm Luger and the 7.62 mm Tokarev, but walking around in the small game woods I would be perfectly comfortable with a 32. Just sayin'....
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Gun Cabinet

Pastorp, for your reference: http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-han...#post139912548, I bought one just a few years back, hope they're still made for you?
Steve

"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson." Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA,AF&AM #294 Mohamed's Shrine, and York Rite bodies of Bloomington Il. LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years,/now retired!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
They are a sweet little gun, and way more beans than a 22 kit gun and cheap per shot reloaded with cast. Just dont try to make those 32 Long +P!
I just acquired a S&W model 31 with a 4" barrel - made in the late 70's. These are strong revolvers. Check out the Buffalo Bore loads. Some have even re-chambered this model to 32 H&R; and, S&W has long chambered their J-frames in .38+P and .357 magnum.

I plan to load "+P" for some hunting applications. I'm going to work up some loads with a both a cast 90 grain SWC and a 95 grain hard cast flat point. Hoping to see 1000 fps. or so - safely! Other than that, it will be the 90 grain SWC at a more sedate velocity.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page