Graybeard Outdoors banner

" Ignition switch"?

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  S.B. 
#1 ·
Some folks, I have seen, become upset at hearing the lock refered to as an "ignition switch".
How about you ?
Just curious, have seen it multiple times.

#2 ·
You must run in a strange crowd. I can't say I've ever heard it referred to in that way before. But then I have noticed that the younger crowd are speaking a totally different language than I grew up speaking. Most of the time I have no clue what they are talking about.

#6 ·
You can still buy some S&Ws without the lock. And I’ve never seen a lock on a Ruger revolver. My S&W 642 does have a lock but I’ve never used it. It does not bother me either way.

#14 · (Edited)
I've checked the fine print, I am sure it is ok, so I'll be praying for you.
I see the Rock Island Armory revolvers have recessed cylinders.
I've seen videos of their machine shops, they get they're pound of flesh
out of the workers.
Praying it works out perfectly

#18 ·
Hey, I'm an old guy, and I love ignition. Ignition, the sound of my big 'ol V-8 roaring to life or when my 45-70 goes KABOOM! Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Now the little switch thingy is a different deal. OK on the V-8, but not on my guns. One of the main reasons I always loved hammer guns...don't need no **** switch...yeah, I know some dem new ones gotten anyway...but mine don't.
Walt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.