corona - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to bubba
Default corona

How is everyone making out in these days of martial law in NY

ĒA gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again.Ē

Molon Labe

Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 09:12 PM

my life hasn't changed, come to find out living like a monk is my prefered way to live before i go home for my reward.
Just got a 58 cal Enfield Musketoon, have it shined up, may shoot it tomorrow. Surprised at the guns and ammo selling out, maybe I should sharpen my spear and arrows as well.....
blessings

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 09:44 AM

This is typically new york crazy or just new york stupid. This communist pizza boy governor is telling everyone to shelter in place for two weeks until the virus passes, but then when people start coming out of their government imposed quarantine in a couple of weeks there will be a resurgence and it will go up and down like that for another couple of weeks until it passes. Just like his unsafe act. And those who will get infected will get infected, period. No matter what this chicken-schmidt commie in Albany says, those who will get the virus will get it, those who will get sick will get sick and those who will die will die. It won't matter if you don't allow this or that parade or gathering now, but if this thing is supposed to take a couple of months to go from east to west or vice versa and back again then regardless of how deeply you hide, it will still be around when you come out.

Heck, only kwomo would close Times Square and cordon off Broadway but he's a commie and commies control things like that, by forbidding them or not allowing them or bringing out the national guard to help 'control' things. Control is something the commies really like. I know we have the Darkgael in Brooklyn and hope all is well with him and his but again it is the fear machine out of new york city that still controls this state, and the quarantine is one example. I witnessed abject stupidity this past weekend watching mob runs on big box stores, people coming out with more than they could possibly need or use, arguments, pushing, shoving and a lot of fear talk. Thank you governor. You can attempt to control the fear machine all you want and broadcast whatever commie lies and hype you can but the truth is that most people don't believe you and with few exceptions will just carry on as usual. That is upstate. nyc is under his commie control. So Foff!

And President Trump, Sir, please don't ever let that commie kwomo get his hands on or come anywhere near the US Army Corps of Engineers or he will have them building Chinese emergency hospitals, jails for the non-believers and crematoriums for those who won't comply.

On one hand suggestions to close bars and restaurants after 8 pm and to go to take out or delivery rather than mingling with a crowd is a good idea just on general principles with a highly contagious virus like this going around, and suggestions by businesses to allow the elderly and more susceptible in first thing before the crowds build up is also a good idea and nicely considerate. But, as you know, you can run and you can hide but if it's gonna getcha then it's gonna getcha and for those without any underlying medical concerns we will just need to tough it out and hope those with more serious conditions can get the medical care they need.

And, since the weather has turned nice today I just might go shootin' this afternoon. Just sayin' .....

Last edited by Bad Mike; 03-18-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 11:42 AM

Bad Mike, you got it down! Cuomo is nothing other than a "my way or the highway" control freak. No different than the other power drunk Democrats. If it's not a Democrat idea it can't work sort of thing.

He just told the NY mayor he doesn't have the authority to pretty much do anything without permission of the state government.....it was on the news this morning.

Unless the Governors and Mayors get behind the POTUS and unify the efforts we are in super big problems
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:10 AM

Hey guys, I just noticed (duh me) that we don't have a new jersey site or forum and I have just read that either the nra or the state rifle and pistol association is suing new jersey for closing down gunshops during the virus and preventing people from being able to arm themselves during a crisis. I wonder two things - one is why we don't have a new jersey forum or site and the other is whether there are so few gun owners in new jersey that we don't have a forum for them. Just curious .....
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 10:24 AM

how much ammo do you need? 300 rds was enough when I exited the chopper 50+ years ago.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:31 AM

When I arrived in Korea in Jan. 1952 they handed me a 30 M2 Carbine and 2 15 round clips loaded and I said how about some more ammo they said if it gets real bad we will get you some more. After I was there for a while I scrounged me up a couple of 30 round clips loaded and I was good to go.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 11:49 AM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by max ryan View Post
how much ammo do you need? 300 rds was enough when I exited the chopper 50+ years ago.
well i do a lot of range reports on youtube you see and it does wear down my large closet supply some over time
your right a few 25 round mags siting up on a hill or roof top with say my saiga 308/ or eddie 30-06 sporter 3x9 scope 1! shot kill mainly with my hit ratio, ammo isnt needed in large quantity

Last edited by sagia308; 03-26-2020 at 11:53 AM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 12:04 PM

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEACONLLB View Post
When I arrived in Korea in Jan. 1952 they handed me a 30 M2 Carbine and 2 15 round clips loaded and I said how about some more ammo they said if it gets real bad we will get you some more. After I was there for a while I scrounged me up a couple of 30 round clips loaded and I was good to go.

Deaconllb
that 30 cal round nose 110 gr is sure wimpy over 300 yards i see
video time 2:00 mark

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 02:54 PM

The 30 M1 carbine was not designed for long range shooting. It was for close in jungle fighting and was also issued to air force men. That is what we qualified with when we went through Basic training and what we were issued when we got to our base in Korea. Most but not all army and marines got the M1 Garand. What most don't understand is that when the Korean war started we were fighting with the stuff left over from world war 2 and that included uniforms, shoes, canteens and mess kits along with the old web belts. All the motor vehicles were from ww2 Tents blankets you name it were left over from ww2. Half the men in my outfit were still wearing the old OD army uniforms from ww2 in place of the new blue dress uniforms that they began changing over too around 1950.

Deaconllb

U S Air Force Korean vet. NRA Member
Fourth fighter wing Kimpo Korea 1952 Fourth but first, the mig killers.
533rd material ,air defence Oxnard AFB 1953-1955
Pastor of the CBCG-Fellowship group Tulsa Oklahoma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page