Alaskan Black Bear Hunt of a Lifetime - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Default A good person

I first met Scott in the early 90's while attending a unit armors course at Fort Campbell, KY. Our paths have crossed many times and a few years ago, we were stationed in Hawaii together in units just down the street from each other. He is a very good person, although I must admit that I am a little jealous of his most recent assignment. I haven't been to Valdez since the oil spill when people were sleeping on the side walks waiting to get a job with the clean-up effort. I was lucky enough to make it on a black bear hunt on the Kenai Pennisula last month but I can't wait until I can move back to Alaska for good. Tell Scott that Gary Graham sends his regards.

Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Alaskan Black Bear Hunt of a Lifetime

Scott,

Great story and pictures!

my sweeter insanity... www.huntmdown.com
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Del

GREAT STORY & PICTURES!!!

To every one who has or is currently serving in the US military armed forces, a big THANK YOU!!

Daveinthebush, what a wonderful hunt / experience of a lifetime you have provided, Good Job!

I LOVE TO HUNT!
Especially with a Handgun!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 06:03 PM

I just happened to look in this forum, never usually do, but boy am I glad I did. Let me add one more great big thanks to Scott for his service, especially for a Medivac pilot. They many time place themselves in harms way, without the chance to defend themselves, to assist others that cannot get out on their own, having had a dad and brother both wounded in two wars, WWII, and Nam, a BIG thanks. I entered service at the tail end of Nam (Army, 72-75) so I never went there.

To Dave,
You are a true gentleman, for you service to Scott and many others I'm sure. I have no doubt you were as happy as Scott when he got his bear. It's a joy one cannot explain to see someone else you helped be so successful. Like Scott said, that hunt would have been a dream, bear or no bear.

To Scott, if he has a chance to read these posts, what an excellent story, and yes you should send it off, I'd for sure try to send it to TJ or E.D. Thomas, since it was with the Black Widow. They'll eat it up, and they should. The fact it was done with a traditional bow and such a beautiful bear make it even sweeter. Nice work and congratulations!

God, Family, and guns, in that order!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 06:22 PM

Awesome
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 05:10 AM

One of the best hunt reports I've read for a long time.

Really appluad you Dave for the true gentleman that you are. Well done.
Many thanks to Scott for all his work. Hard job

Regards from Australia
Sean
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-16-2008, 03:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Amigo Will Send a message via Yahoo to Amigo Will

Just started on this forum.Dave you will find a place in Heaven for sure. As a Viet Nam vet I can say how much this well mean to these young men years from now and it will change their life forever. I'm proud of all of the folks that step up and serve their country and equally proud of the Americans that say thanks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page