Ammo available - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

Default Ammo available

Aftere reading all the posts that decry the lack of Ammo or components I had a very quick look at one of the big Retailers up here.
I checked Rimfire, some CT rifle and Pistol cartridges and found no "NOT AVAILABLE or SOLD OUT or BACK ORDER notices.

Interesting. I did not check on components. Perhaps other Canadians here have different info.

aka BBF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 10:15 AM

Default Re: Ammo available

Obviously, I'm resurrecting a very dead thread here, but I think it's worth the post. I haven't been looking for ammo, because I only buy a couple of boxes of factory ammo when I get a new caliber, and hand load after that. However, when I've gone to the local shop to get components, primers have been limited, and over the past year or so, they have never had a single powder I have asked them about. I ended up having to go online to get the powders I wanted, and even then, I had to do a little shopping around to find decent prices and availability.

I ordered some 45-70 brass - and had it come much later while I was in Brazil - I'm just glad someone was here to get it, there's no way the post office would have held it all those months. .444 Marlin brass, I only found a couple of places with really expensive stuff until I got ahold of a mom and pop sporting goods store - the guy had 75 pieces of 25 year old brass in his own private stash that he sold me.

Bullets, I haven't bought any for awhile, I still have a decent stock relative to what I shoot. I'm lucky enough that what I'm firing the most right now, I can order from a local caster. The calibers I use factory bullets for are a .303 and a .338, and those are common enough that I don't expect too many problems.

So yeah, components are definitely suffering a shortage here.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 11:54 AM
rwk

YOB,can you take ammo back from the states.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Yes if I can buy it in the States no problem. To be legal I need to declare it at the Border and probably have to produce my valid Firearms License.

As long as I don't bring in hundreds of rounds with the exception of a brick of 22's there are no restrictions. Same holds true for components and non-restricted Long Arms.

aka BBF

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page