29 years of luck....Wyoming - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Default 29 years of luck....Wyoming

I've drawn a mule deer, gen. lic., for 29 years in Wyoming :-[ .... this year it came to a end... unsuccessfull,.. my area went from 500 something tags 4 years ago to 180 something tags this year... might have to start buying beef at a supermarket... > I herd someware that storbout beef is almost as gud as elk...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 08:07 AM

Gun Cabinet
Default Re: 29 years of luck....Wyoming

I have been hunting WY since 2000. I am sorta lazy and always wait to buy my tags when the leftover licenses become available because there are less fees and by July I have a better idea who wants to go out that fall.
I was in my hunting area of Wyoming back in late June while on a vacation with my. wife and dog and have never seen it so GREEN before.
I was really happy to see that as drought conditions have really been hard on the deer and antelope for a lot of years now.
This year there were no leftover tags of any kind available within 100 miles of the areas that I hunt. >

I think the game is way down and the state has reduced quotas to the point that all the tags were sold during the early draw, This has never happened in the past 15 years before.

jedman

Still kickin
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 06:49 PM

Welcome to Arizona, circa 1997
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

This year we got tags... the other group we usually meet up with didn't... they got 2 'lope tags, are wondering whether its worth it for 2 lopes.... so it goes...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 11:43 PM

I only put in for an antelope tag. Now I have 6 preference points for antelope. I better look for any leftover licenses. Maybe it's time to look for some other hunt.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-23-2016, 08:52 AM

Back in 1990 my Dad and I started mule deer hunting in the Black Hills of western South Dakota. We bought our tags over the counter. But about 15 years ago they went to a lottery system that favors resident hunters. It's very difficult to be drawn for a good unit. Now we focus upon crossbow hunting within Maryland where deer are quite abundant. So it goes.

TR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page