4 dead, dozens hospitalized in massive overdose, Georgia authorities say - Page 4 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyman View Post
Doesn't say the ages of the victims. I've said it before, will say it again. Before a drivers license is given, before a high school diploma is given, a few hours of community service should be required. Take those 16-18 year old snowflakes to a trauma center/emergency room and rub their little noses in reality! Show them what an overdose looks like, bodies being put back together from a car accident. Ride a longs with the local police or sheriffs dept. Might make them actually think twice about drugs/drinking and driving, or possible texting and driving. gypsyman
This used to be taught in schools. In elementary and middle school they gave us a week long class on drug/alcohol abuse and how it affects people. Guess it is no longer done. Also, drivers ED taught the kids how to drive and showed them the graphic videos and pictures of car wrecks. Guess that has been discontinued also, probably too offensive.

A field trip to the local prison might be a good thing to show them also.

Those classes should be required to graduate for sure.

The nurse told me there was an entire family of 5 that came in from the drug. Pretty sad that the parents are giving to their kids, still don't know ages though.

Rosewood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziJohn1 View Post
Ah! the slogan of conservatives.
GuzziJohn

You bet your bottom dollar! We've got some National roads, parks, borders, and military. Then we have the Democrats...

Thanks to the bleeding hearts, we've got an endless flow of tax dollars going to inner cities run by, wait for it - corrupt Democrats; more political correctness than Carter has Little Liver Pills; confusion into which bathroom to go; marajuana becoming mainstream; jails filled with Democrats; borders that leak like sieves so illegals will vote for Democrats and free sh** they never earned; Democrats throughout academia corrupting the minds of impressionable students; Democrats on Media Boards driving the Propaganda Machine; Democrats and their lock-step Media decrying everything the Republicans try to do, which becomes the day's Fake News; Democrats for Planned Parenthood; Democrats diverting tax dollars to Thrid World Countries; Democrats that want to import more illegals that hate us and want to kill us from the Third World, Democrats that give our nuclear stockpiles away to our enemies!

Democrats always TAKE from the rich and GIVE to the poor. Remember, government does not have anything that it didn't first take from someone else - a Democrat's concept. I would not be so incensed if the Social Security that I PAID into that corrupt Ponzi Scheme of a system had been left alone from Johnson's "Great Society", was appropriately invested, making significant and additional principal, readily available to ME as I approach retirement, and the taxes I continue to pay were not already insignificant to the DEBT that ws run up on the Democratic watch these past eight years! There was not ONCE a balanced budget in the Obama years. No one (illegal) was left behind.

I want to see some substantial modifications made. I want to see some of the Democratic Rich to Go Directly To Jail and Not Pass Go or Collect $200.00, which is an afront to me that they are among us and reduces my respect for the Justice System. I want the Democrats accountable for these debacles to be held to the same standard as We The People. I want the flow of Third World illegal immigration stopped. I want a Wall. I want to stop the flow of dollars to third World Countries. Let them eat the sands and drink the black oil beneath their feet. No wheat for oil. Soon enough they will like us...or they will die.

Last edited by land_owner; 06-15-2017 at 08:44 AM.
post #33 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuzziJohn1 View Post
From doubleness73:

???
GuzziJohn
You're allowed to pay extra money in taxes to the government if you so choose. Do you give extra money to the government at tax time? If you give extra just think of the possibilities. A drug addict could get more money on their EBT card to buy more drugs. You could be helping people on food stamps trade in their food stamps for cash so they can buy more drugs. Us conservatives just don't understand the joys of having our hard earned money squandered.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 02:57 PM
TM7

DB-73......a lot of people, even in NH, especially Maggie Hassan appointees, think drug abuse/use and alcohol abuse is a disease. So it should be treated like a disease till recovery--so we all need to chip in.

Oh, I agree its a 'disease' alright....sociopathic self-absorbed narcissism... to be correct.
..TM7
post #35 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
DB-73......a lot of people, even in NH, especially Maggie Hassan appointees, think drug abuse/use and alcohol abuse is a disease. So it should be treated like a disease till recovery--so we all need to chip in.

Oh, I agree its a 'disease' alright....sociopathic self-absorbed narcissism... to be correct.
..TM7
I agree, my girlfriend is an ER nurse and sees the effects of this "disease" daily. She is against giving anyone narcan, she'd rather nature take its course.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #36 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 08:18 PM

Since this thread is still running I'll throw in my two cents and remember what two cents is worth today. In my considered opinion if a person willing uses drugs for "recreational" purposes that person is responsible for the outcome of that use. Want to get high, go ahead. If you die that's your fault, not mine. Why should I have to contribute my hard earned dollars to save your life so you can just do it again? I shouldn't and neither should anyone else. I'm not stupid enough to use mind altering drugs and I shouldn't be responsible for anyone that does.
post #37 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 10:14 PM

It is hard to take. It's job security for me. Firefighter/Paramedic. Seeing lots of ODs these days. I tell my guys , don't let the quality of your pt determine the quality of your care. Something that has changed I the people overdosing. All walks of life.
I think your opionons would soften a bit , if you've ever walked into a house to see a father doing CPR on his teenage daughter. Or a wife doing CPR on her vet husband with a drug problem.

I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Last edited by burntmuch; 07-11-2017 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Added
post #38 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 01:12 PM

Must be working in the Bay Area of Cali??? Ya, the rookie will take note for the first 10/15 runs but after that you can save your breath, as they can see for themselves the lifestyle of these "victims" needing saving. There's a lot of PR in your employment field and many understand that as necessary. Maybe we need to know more - like what was the father/daughter - husband/wife relationship the day/week/month/year before the OD - your responding officers usually know quite a bit prior to leaving the scene, as a responding squad will usually pull up and that officer just might have a little info on the person/family etc.

What really will get to your men is seeing these young parents ODing and then seeing 1 to 3 infants/young children that have been neglected for weeks/months and nothing was ever done about that. Yup, No Pity from Me.

Do not fear the Enemy, for your Enemy can only take your Life. It is far better to keep the Media at bay, for they will Steal Your Honor.
post #39 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Here are some 2016 Federal dollar "investments" in which I have no interest, nor should you. Stop taking my money and giving it to someone else!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	largest in US.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	173137  

post #40 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 02:24 PM

Almost 2 Billion dollars to Puerto Rico for social work/welfare - and they are broke? I wonder if that fund is ever held accountable?

Do not fear the Enemy, for your Enemy can only take your Life. It is far better to keep the Media at bay, for they will Steal Your Honor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page