You want to be a Cop? - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:49 PM
Dee

Well, as more information comes out, it seems according to his family, Jean Pedro Pierre, from Haiti, was a really nice guy until he had a stroke a few years ago, left him with mental issues. They are saying that, that is the reason for his attacking both officers.
This might explain why Mr. Pierre continued the attack, and seemed impervious to any level of pain, or reason.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 12-11-2017 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruce View Post
I wonder how many on here have ever tried to subdue a "mental" or a person high on drugs? People who feel no pain, broken bones don't even slow them down. You expect a wimpy little ASP baton to have any effect?

Nothing to it, easy money. And as a bonus you get to work midnights, weekends, and holidays. If you're lucky you might spend a dozen Christmas days with your family during a 30 year career. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both off? Ha, you're kidding , right??
I have!!!! - wimpy little ASP baton? In the hands of someone with 30 minutes of training with it going against a large, strong man - "little wimpy" can bring that big boy to a halt and cause him to take a ride to a hospital.

A man is looking for a job when he applies for LE work - if he doesn't like the working conditions, I wouldn't think that would be a problem, as he knows how to look for other employment. There's a whole lot of jobs out there that are undesirable in a lot of ways. When ever I drive into a road construction area and see those people holding signs and know they will be there for 8 to 10 hours a day in the sun and 110* on asphalt - I just think to myself, I'm glad there are people like that, as I would have to be starving to take that job.

The video is just what it is - I'm sure those officers "feared" for their lives, judging by their displayed self-defense skill sets. I wouldn't want either one for a partner going to a domestic call, on a raid, I wouldn't trust them to secure the rear of the house - but that's just me and my way of thinking based on my experience in such matters.

Are we assuming the tazers actually employed correctly or could they have malfunctioned and the guy never felt the "jolt"?

Last edited by ole 5 hole group; 12-11-2017 at 04:15 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM
Dee

I'm not "assuming" anything. Deputy Briggs is an 18 year veteran of Broward County SO, is described as well liked in the community, and a very dependable, competent deputy, with Youngward being employed there 2+ years, so I would imagine their ability, and competency has been tested many times. As is Broward County's training programs for field deputies.
However, to put on a badge, is not to say one can whip anything that steps out, or go head to head with someone bigger and stronger, whom apparently has no pain threshold, or rational mental process.
I have personally deployed an ASP Baton, and know exactly what it will, and will not do. I have also dealt with mental cases where nothing short of deadly force, or swarming by multiple officers (if they get there in time), would stop them before they killed someone.

So after watching ALL the video(s), reading news releases, & family statements.
I see force, properly escalated 1 level at a time, (baton then tazer) with deadly force deployed last.

And as for the tazer working properly.
When gettin the s#*t kicked out of you, it no longer matters (at least to me) whether the tazer worked or not.

So having not been there, I assume nothing. But do agree with the video(s), that Mr. Pierre was intent, on, and capable of inflicting bodily harm to both officers.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty

Last edited by Dee; 12-11-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
A man is looking for a job when he applies for LE work - if he doesn't like the working conditions, I wouldn't think that would be a problem, as he knows how to look for other employment. There's a whole lot of jobs out there that are undesirable in a lot of ways. When ever I drive into a road construction area and see those people holding signs and know they will be there for 8 to 10 hours a day in the sun and 110* on asphalt - I just think to myself, I'm glad there are people like that, as I would have to be starving to take that job.

I spent 8 years in the military and didn't consider myself a hero. Did it for a **** of a lot less then the average cop makes. Theres soldiers that put there lives on the line EVERY DAY for a **** of a lot less. Those I consider heros. I don't consider a cop or a firefighter a hero. There public employees doing a job that pays good enough and has good enough benefits that theres plenty that will fill there shoes if they don't have the stones. Don't know about the rest of you but id rather drive around in an air conditioned car for 8 hours then put fresh asphalt down on a highway when its 90 degrees outside or put new shingles on a house or for that matter sit confined in an office all day or for sure carry a saw in Afghanistan!!!. Not a single police officer I know was drafted. They choose there career. I pay there salary with my tax money. I owe them nothing more. some just have an ego inflated sense of self worth. But lucky for us 90 percent of them are good people that really care appreciate the fact they have a good job and know there public SERVANTS not Gestapo. These police officers will be investigated theres no doubt about that. Ex cops wont be determining if they stepped out of bounds. Impartial public officials will. Maybe they did no wrong. If so then so be it. If they did then there will be consequences.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page