Graybeard Outdoors banner

Israel moves to purge Christians

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  teamnelson 
#1 ·
And expropriate Christian property....
Church of the Holy Sepulchre shut down.

https://youtu.be/IAhd2zAXAug

Yeah, let's move our embassy to Jerusalem!
...TM7

#9 ·
Was the wording in the article I got the link. There are many ways to and kinds of purges. The Greek Orthodox and other sects have long said they are wanted 'purged' from Israel.
Anyway the purge by taxation is on hold for now; and funny how the tax regulation did not apply to mosque properties. Thankfully the Christians were supported by Moslems against the tax and appropriation acts on Christian property.
...TM7

#15 ·
The JPost is not anti-Semitic as far as I know. And funny how pro-Christian viewpoint is now considered anti-Semitic by some.

And hardly since the collective Greek, Armenian, and Catholic offices overseeing the Christian properties said:-->

In a news conference Sunday, the church leaders said they had received “collection notices and orders of seizure of church assets, properties and bank accounts for alleged debts of punitive municipal taxes.”

Later, in a joint statement, the churches said Israel was waging a “systematic campaign against the churches and the Christian community in the Holy Land, in flagrant violation of the existing status quo.”
++++++++++++++++++++++++

AND THE DISPUTE GOES BACK 70 YEARS:

Barkat said the churches owed the city more than $185 million on certain properties used for commercial purposes. He said houses of worship would not be taxed but properties used as hotels and offices by the church should no longer be exempt. Barkat has been locked in a dispute with the government over increasing the annual budget for the city, where a high number of residents and international institutions are exempt from taxes for various reasons.

This month, an announcement from the municipality said it would start collecting back taxes worth more than $188 million from 887 properties in Jerusalem belonging to churches and U.N. agencies.
The dispute between the churches and the Israeli authorities also involves proposed legislation aimed at repossessing large tracts of land leased by the Greek Orthodox Church to the Israeli government nearly 70 years ago. The land in question, which now houses hundreds of apartment buildings and national institutions, was sold several years ago by the church to Israel.

Thankfully, the offices of Bibi intervened to stave off the crisis (for the time being).
...TM7

#13 ·
JERUSALEM has been the capitol of Israel since King David declared it so, and still is. MOVE IT, the godless ones will just have to get over it, they have NO ties to Jerusalem anyway, Jerusalem isn't mentioned in their unholy book even ONCE. CHARLIE.

#14 ·
Powderman said. JERUSALEM has been the capitol of Israel since King David declared it so, and still is. MOVE IT, the godless ones will just have to get over it, they have NO ties to Jerusalem anyway, Jerusalem isn't mentioned in their unholy book even ONCE. CHARLIE.

I agree with this, now here is a question. Why is it that Americans and Europeans of the Jewish persuasion will call American conservatives/ libertarians anti-semetic, but don't call Muslims the same?

#19 ·
TN. I'm truly shocked, you are beginning to sound like tm7s Jew hating muslim loving brothers. As a Christian, You surprise me Sir. CHARLIE.

#26 ·
I have nothing against the Israel of the Bible, nor those who practice the Jewish faith ... although I pray for their salvation by faith alone through christ alone, and not by some notion of heritage or merit.

I do have a lot against this country in the middle east that bears the name Israel, for they have forsaken the God of Israel, and the government shows absolutely no reverence to God, and indeed goes awhoring after the gods of progress, even sacrificing their children by abortion to them, just like their forefathers did to Baal, Ashterorth, Molech, and others.

Nope, I don't confuse the two.

#20 ·
TNel....well yes and let's not forget sacred Los Vegas. But what the city Jerusalem was doing with a nod from the national government was "repossess" church properties using and old communist Marxist tactic, which is pay tax or loose the property. An age old purge. Best term to describe modern Israel is Marxist Theocracy.

Interesting to note Moslems came to support the Christian groups against the tax appropriators.

More interesting is the glib interest in so-called Christians here to counter what amounted to a frontal attack on Christians there, especially since the Church of the Holy Sepulchre is inarguably THE MOST SACRED REVERED SITE IN ALL CHRISTIANDOM. And remarkable to see some are willing to substitute a Marxist theocracy in place of this holy site and all the allegorical symbolism it represents.

And somebody must have called Bibi and told him to cut it off if he wants $5 billion and F-35s.
...TM7

#21 ·

This is how muzzie murderers used to be dealt with, looks pretty effective to me. CHARLIE.

#22 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZQ2jfTKqyg

This is how muzzie murderers used to be dealt with, looks pretty effective to me. CHARLIE.
Kind of like they tried to do here about 150 years earlier. Except in that case they were fighting fellow "British" citizens instead of the native people of the lands they invaded....

I wonder if they made a youtube of Americans fighting against a foreign invader you'd say "this is how Yankee murderers used to be dealt with..." Remember "turn about is fair play" :tango_face_sad:

#23 ·
NWBEAR. Are you referring to the American Revolution?? Escaping a tyrant in England?? Big difference between that and fighting the godless hordes of satans spawn bent on conquering the world. CHARLIE. :tango_face_surprise

#25 ·
The continuity between the Old and New Testament is always comforting.

Genesi 17: 12,13

12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is not of thy seed.

13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.

Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Romans 2: 28, 29

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.