Really huge oil and gas find announced in Tx - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 01:58 PM

This is the future of auto racing. All electric Grand Prix.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy45 View Post
This is the future of auto racing. All electric Grand Prix.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en
Oh my Teddy good post. Fully charged those electrics are extreamy fast. I rode in one once that was a passenger car.
She gunned it and it threw me back into my seat. Like it was a Yanko Camero SS.
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 02:57 PM

"You are quite mistaken my friend. The lowly Nissan Leaf has blown away Corvettes, Mustangs, and Cameros in drag races."

Must have been some pretty beat up Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros. Best Nissan Leaf time I could find was 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds (my old BMW could beat that) and quarter mile in 15.8 seconds at 88 mph. Unless, this was one of those 100 foot drag races.

Aim small, miss small!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:17 PM

Let them put electric into a fomula one.
post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:23 PM

Trains and Submarines use on board (diesel) generators to produce electricity then electric motors to do the final driving. The same with the huge oar haulers they use in open pit mines. The oar haulers have a motor at each wheel so thy can control the traction/speed at each wheel individually. As Manny said the electric motors produce MAXIMUM torque at "0" RPM so they are great for tremendous power at low speed.
post #16 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBear View Post
Trains and Submarines use on board (diesel) generators to produce electricity then electric motors to do the final driving. The same with the huge oar haulers they use in open pit mines. The oar haulers have a motor at each wheel so thy can control the traction/speed at each wheel individually. As Manny said the electric motors produce MAXIMUM torque at "0" RPM so they are great for tremendous power at low speed.
You are absolutely correct. But the subs are nuclear now. Unbeveable what a main drive electric motor is capable of.
With no RPM restrictions. No transmissions.
post #17 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Bear, let us perfect battery's better we would have it.
post #18 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:47 PM

Hydrogen cell would do it, but some idiot would screw it up. Lace it with argon, it would then only work in the cell.
post #19 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casull View Post
"You are quite mistaken my friend. The lowly Nissan Leaf has blown away Corvettes, Mustangs, and Cameros in drag races."

Must have been some pretty beat up Corvettes, Mustangs and Camaros. Best Nissan Leaf time I could find was 0 to 60 in 7.4 seconds (my old BMW could beat that) and quarter mile in 15.8 seconds at 88 mph. Unless, this was one of those 100 foot drag races.
Yeah, my former SIL had a leaf and it was no race car. It could never beat the above three cars.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #20 of 94 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 05:23 PM

You are correct, I am talking about the shorter distance drag races of 1/8th of a mile and less.

But, when someone says that an electric car can "barely get away from a stop light," that is patently false.

By the way, the Tesla Model X P90D does zero to 60 in 3.2 seconds. And that's the 2015 model. Go on line and watch the stock Tesla Model X crush a classic Ferrari F430 Spider in a full length drag race. It is not even close. You can watch it on Autoevolution.com.

Then you can go on line and watch a Tesla Model S P100D blow away several Turbo Charged V8 Muscles cars, fitted with nitrous-oxide tanks, in full length drag races, including two Mustangs, a Camero, a Chevy Monte Carlo and a Chevy S-10. You can view the races on CleanTechnica.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page