Stocks fall hard. - Page 3 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 02:19 PM

Yup, just another form of legalized gambling. Sharks in a greed frenzy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 02:25 PM

Yea, I don't want to put $1,000 in the stock market for 10 years (with the dividends reinvested), and end up with $6,000. That is for sissies!

I wanna go out and dig ditches, like a real man, and be poor! :-)
post #23 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 02:37 PM

I wasn't talking about people who invest for the long term. I was referring to those who want to be rich in 10 minutes, and who panic when a barrel of oil goes down a penny!

The same kind of people who call for a hit on a 16 at the Blackjack table after throwing in their life savings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyrock View Post
Yea, I don't want to put $1,000 in the stock market for 10 years (with the dividends reinvested), and end up with $6,000. That is for sissies!

I wanna go out and dig ditches, like a real man, and be poor! :-)
The people I feel for are the old people that have invested 10 years ago and now find themselves in trouble. Especially when they are getting up there in age. That's what happens when you gamble . It's fine if you're young, but older, like a crap shoot.
post #25 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:30 PM

Yes, you are right. If you are 5 to 7 years from really needing the money forever, you are suppose to gradually shift out of stocks and into fixed income or floating income money instruments. Every investment advisor tells you that. Every article on the Net tells you that. Every newspaper article tells you that. So, why don't these old folks listen?
post #26 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Very good question, Manny. Wished I knew the answer.
post #27 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Default Stocks soar again!!!!

Kind of makes you wonder who exactly is manipulating the market. Seems like a big ploy between the very rich in this country when it comes to becoming richer by the day, heck for that matter the hours of the day. It sure don't seem like the everyday average person can figure it out. If someone can let us know so we can all get rich quick. Might even sell off some of my annuities and reinvest. No don't think so. Ha.
post #28 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 04:51 PM

My wife manages our retirement accounts. She said liberals are shorting the market. They don't like Trump. Richest billionaires are Democrats like Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, George Soros, and Warren Buffet. Soros is especially notorious for shorting the market. He made the Greek and British markets drop years ago and made millions. Same with Hungary. He is wanted by Hungary and has asked the US for extradition. He hasn't done anything "wrong" in the US and thus we won't send him over there for trial. Trying to bring down a president could be considered treason. Wife said most people managing the market are between 30-50 right now. Not older people. Tends to be more liberal managers.

There is absolutely no reason for the market drop. Country is actually doing much better under Trump, but libs want to market to crash so they can blame Trump. Also, the Federal Reserve controls interest rates, and again, no reason to raise them. Federal Reserve is not part of the Federal government but all the bank companies working together to manage the money supply and interest rates. Only chairman is appointed by the President and approved by the senate, but every one of them since it was established has been a member of the Federal Reserve.
post #29 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 05:00 PM

Well, it rebounded nicely today. Dow gained 1,086 points. I can't remember ever seeing anything close to that.
post #30 of 47 (permalink) Old 12-26-2018, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandslow View Post
Well, it rebounded nicely today. Dow gained 1,086 points. I can't remember ever seeing anything close to that.
yea some rich people just got richer. Amazing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page