US Air Force deploys B-52 bombers to Europe in message to Russia - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:36 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default US Air Force deploys B-52 bombers to Europe in message to Russia

all the message i am getting is the us military industral complex wants to start a huge war with the ruskies and trump is bitting the bait
video time 1:39
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/20/polit...sia/index.html
Quote:
On Monday, four B-52s "conducted flights to several places in Europe, including to the Norwegian Sea, the Baltic Sea/Estonia and the Mediterranean Sea/Greece," the Air Force said.
B-52 bombers from Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, and RAF Fairford have also conducted "simultaneous theater familiarization training in the Indo-Pacific and Europe" as bombers "flew north to an area east of the Kamchatka Peninsula," near Russia.

Last edited by sagia308; 03-21-2019 at 01:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:40 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
post #3 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

humm got it now video time 2:05 that would be the target the b52s would hit the sub base
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:54 AM

just the fact were over there with a bomber designed in 1962 scares me. Nobody is paying attention to this because there all hung up on that wall crap. Its about like Hendrick fielding a 62 impala at Daytona because he wants to put up a cow fence half way across the back 40. Cows go around the fence and you get your but handed to you at the track. THIS IS WERE WE SHOULD BE focusing our time and money. THIS is the real threat to our nation and the world.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #5 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 10:47 AM

I'm going to wait a bit to see how this thread goes. I may come back with popcorn and a coke later in the day.
post #6 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
just the fact were over there with a bomber designed in 1962 scares me. Nobody is paying attention to this because there all hung up on that wall crap. Its about like Hendrick fielding a 62 impala at Daytona because he wants to put up a cow fence half way across the back 40. Cows go around the fence and you get your but handed to you at the track. THIS IS WERE WE SHOULD BE focusing our time and money. THIS is the real threat to our nation and the world.
The C-130 was first flown in 1954, yet it is still one of the AF's best workhorse. While the B-52 is an older model, the avionics have kept up with the times. It is also a symbol of power projection, it's mere presence makes other countries take notice. $5b~$10b, spent on the wall will not hurt our military strength one bit, and we need that wall.

Where else are we going to station him?

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #7 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 12:23 PM

Wall funding is a budget rounding error. The military seems to be well funded with a slew of new air launched standoff weapons, drone ships, the Space Force, F35’s, new hypersonic missle’s and (I hope), a lot of stuff we don’t know about. I’d like to see more F22’s and ice breakers. Didn’t the Russians recently deploy Backfire bombers to a Caribbean island owned by Venezuela?

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.
post #8 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 01:05 PM

New isn't always better. The AK47 (and the AR platform) is old but still very useful. Doesn't the Navy still use black powder in the big guns??? Not a Sailor, but just remembered.
post #9 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:59 PM

From NWBear:
Quote:
Doesn't the Navy still use black powder in the big guns??? Not a Sailor, but just remembered.
My understanding it is used only as a booster of sort to the main powder charge which is not BP.
GuzziJohn
post #10 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 05:22 PM

Maybe I confused the "bags" of powder with black powder. Sorry, not good on Navy facts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page