China has an advantage over the US Navy that could defeat for US warships in a fight - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagia308 View Post
see it takes time to get launch our jet aircraft in flight and armed
to take the battle to chinas ships , all china navy has to do is fire all thier missles at once from there decks over whelming our defenses and blowing our counter strike jets sitting ducks right off the decks of carriors..
THINK about it!

Wow You always seem to relish posting negative things concerning our military...why?

We all realize you are picking these "news" items from the internet, so you could grab positive stories, just as well as negative ones..

Of course, it is still the internet.. Sure.."It must be true, it was on the internet!" Have to be wary of some sites on the internet...

If a website has almost nothing but negativity concerning our military, which almost everybody admits is #1 in the world..good chance it is enemy propaganda.

Don't we all know by now, that our adversaries are always pumping propaganda into the world wide web ?

...And if I get nothing but negativity from any given poster....then I start to wonder..

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:20 AM

I don't think hes really bashing our military. More so the liberal thinking in this country that would rather spend money planting flower and disarming America and murdering babys then on our military. Other countrys have a big advantage. Liberals there that have enough balls to open there mouth end up planted and the goverments FIRST priority is there military strength. Something weve lost touch with. to many of the hippys protesting the viet nam war are running this country today. The rest of those in charge are more conserned with there bank accounts and getting reelected then they keeping us strong. We need to stop pissing away our defense budget and get back to being the most powerful country in the world because thugs like Russia, China, korea ect only understand and respect one thing. POWER. I think if anything saiga is more pro military then most here. He wants us stronger not wasting our defense budget on roads or special interest projects. Hes saying what most of us know. We are not getting stronger. Even during the cold war Russia and other communist goverments didn't thumb there nose at us like they do today and for good reason. They knew we would stomp them if it came down to it. Those days are gone. there getting more brazen every year.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!

Last edited by lloyd smale; 04-29-2019 at 06:25 AM.
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:08 PM

We don't brag all over the internet about what we have for the whole world to see. That's bluffing like playing a poker hand.
And usually in poker if someone is doing that it means they ain't got sguat and they put to much into the annie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

I believe I saw a chart somewhere recently that showed the US spends more on defense than China, Russia, UK and France all combined.

I realize labor is cheaper there so they get more for less money but I'd not put any bets on any other country being able to match our technology and weapons.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:00 PM

Dictatorialy run countries tend to brag of their weapons...often boasting of weapons that are still on the drawing board.

As I said before, my grandson works in weapons development, but he can't and won't, give me even a whisper of what he is doing. ...And I don't expect him to.

He honors his top secret clearance...but I bet there are some surprising things going on in the little old, "skunk works" where he is employed.

Does anybody remember the SR71 Blackbird? W were flying that over the Soviet Union for years, until they finally got lucky and shot down Francis Gary Powers.

Up until then, the US wasn't bragging..and the Soviets were tight lipped, out of embarrassment, because they couldn't touch them !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A SR71.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	229906  

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)

Last edited by ironglow; 04-30-2019 at 09:40 AM.
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySendero View Post
sagia,

Your last post got me to realize.
I don't ever remember hearing any news or anything about Russia
contesting China's claim to the entire south China sea.
The USA, UK, Japan, Taiwan, Philippians even Vietnam
But no Russia?!

Are they just not making the news or what?
Ray,

Perhaps having an economy smaller than Italy has something to do with not wanting to engage with the 2 largest economies of the world. Wars cost money and Russia can't afford a long one.
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 PM

Sagia does post Chinese friendly internet propaganda. If he's serious, it's anti American.

Last edited by Argent11; 04-29-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 06:43 PM

There are new operational challenges in the South China Sea. I’ve thought for a while that the reason we exited the intermediate range ballistic missile treaty was China and not Russia.

It’s interesting that the Navy retired the carrier Truman early. We are far from helpless but need to evolve in weapons and strategy which I think we are doing. The battleship in WW2 is a good analogy.

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:27 PM

IG- U2, not the blackbird, if I recall correctly,it's ok.

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 PM

Curtis LeMay once said he had more flights over Russia then Areoflot.

Ammunition is like firewood. The more you have, the warmer you feel.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page