Florida will NOT be the Center for Space Force - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner
Default Florida will NOT be the Center for Space Force

Holy Mackerel. Florida LOST. I am surprised at that because the guys that "work" these issues with the Feds are genius's and have developed hands down winning strategies for DECADES. These guys were supposed to take a "compelling" proposal to Washington, DC.

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/...or-space-force

Florida Did Not Make The Cut to be Home For Space Force

By Jeff Allen
PUBLISHED 5:25 AM EDT May. 15, 2019

Florida will not be the home to a Space Force. The Sunshine State did not make the cut in a short list of locations for the headquarters for a sixth branch of the U.S. military. No reason given why Sunshine State didn't make the list. Other bases in consideration are in Colorado, Alabama and California.

Gov. Ron DeSantis, who was endorsed by President Donald Trump when he ran to become Florida's governor, urged Trump to place the Space Force headquarters in Florida. However, Cape Canaveral did not make the cut. The U.S. Air Force released a list of six current candidates for the headquarters for the U.S. Combatant Command for Space and Florida is not on it.

There are four potential bases in Colorado, one in Alabama and one in California. It is unclear why NASA's Kennedy Space Center is not included.

Congress approved the command last year after Trump pushed for it. A spokesperson for Space Florida says threats posed by Russia and China could cripple U.S. satellites in space and bring U.S. economy and communication to a standstill and the U.S. needs to have fleets of starships as part of the country's defense.

Air Force Space Command, which already exists, is headed by Gen. John Raymond and is based at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado. That is one of the six sites the U.S. Air Force is still considering and could be the reason why that location is still be[ing] considered and Florida is not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:55 AM

If I were a betting man, I like the odds that Huntsville Alabama gets the Command center.

I am not afraid of a Army of Lions led by a sheep
I am afraid of a Army of sheep led by a Lion
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
If I were a betting man, I like the odds that Huntsville Alabama gets the Command center.
If they are going to be launching anything it needs to be close to water. It was always predicted that WWIII
would also be fought in space. So they better get hopping.
California launches to the west over the pacific so that requires a course correction once in orbit.

Colorado has the Rocky Mountains, if anything was coming in hot and heavy for an emergancy landing
that could pose a problem. Yup Alabama.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-15-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

I don't know for fact, though I predict that Space Force Command Central will be in Colorado with launch sites in any state with a bonafide Space Port that the FAA deems "reasonable" to grant a permit for launch [Kennedy Space Center, FL; Cape Canaveral AFS, FL; Wallops Island, VA; Kodiak Island, AL; Vandenberg AFB, CA; Western, TX (Bezos Ranch); White Sands, NM; to name a few] . Command Central for Space Force does not have to mean at the point of origin of a launch...I don't think. If it did, Florida would not be out of the running.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
I don't know for fact, though I predict that Space Force Command Central will be in Colorado with launch sites in any state with a bonafide Space Port that the FAA deems "reasonable" to grant a permit for launch [Kennedy Space Center, FL; Cape Canaveral AFS, FL; Wallops Island, VA; Kodiak Island, AL; Vandenberg AFB, CA; Western, TX (Bezos Ranch); White Sands, NM; to name a few] . Command Central for Space Force does not have to mean at the point of origin of a launch...I don't think. If it did, Florida would not be out of the running.
Good point, like Houston and cape Canaveral. A buddy of mine over there said they all of a sudden are really
cleaning up our space port. Real buildings and some kind of towers, that look like gantries.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 02:44 PM

Richard why are we going through all this expense when we have Florida? And what are our space force
space ships going to be? We no longer have any.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-15-2019 at 02:47 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Gun Cabinet

Privatization of space is only one form of travel. Blue Origin (Jeff Bezos) is "clearing and building" in Houston. The military has been shooting at atmosphere reentering drone targets with success and working "X" programs (X33, X34, up to IDK X4-something?)...putting a fast reaction force of 8 persons (or so) anywhere in the world in 2 hours or less. That's some high G's to LEO and higher G's in deceleration at the destination. Lockheed Skunk Werks has been in on these investigations. So too has been Boeing. Perhaps too even Sierra-Navada. I am out of the launch complex design game - retired. Change is inevitable in the space race. It is not necessary to put Command Central at the Launch Site.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 07:16 AM

the proper place would be area 51!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
the proper place would be area 51!!

Shhhh! That don't exist.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 11:24 AM

Not that I don't like the other choices, but I would like to see the new force headquartered in a different location, than the old samo~samo..

Why not put it in a rural area, where the extra jobs would make a real difference?

How about Minnesota, West Virginia, Iowa or Wisconsin. Why not Arizona or Utah?

..And "why not Minot"... Minot ND that is..there is already a military post there, and I wonder if it is being utilized.

INSIDE EVERY PROGRESSIVE IS A TOTALITARIAN, SCREAMING TO GET OUT. (David Horowitz)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page