Trump on Gun ‘Silencers’ Like One Used in Virginia Beach Shooting: ‘I Don’t Like Them - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:47 PM

Most people don't have a clue . In VA Beach in the building a 45 acp with a silincer would have been heard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 09:55 PM

I read several articles on this, one said a group of 20 people barricaded themselves in a room by pushing desks against the door, they laid there LISTENING to gunfire.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw View Post
more paranoid than many other "Lawmakers"...they see to many movies where assassins kill someone in the middle of a crowded shopping mall with no more than a small "Pop!" that no one notices...

i, personally, like the idea of being able to "silence" any firearm; to include 22 rimfire...but...i also do not like the process, or costs, to go thru to get one; sure would make trips to the range & hunting more enjoyable...even my 22 Hornet is very loud.

paranoia runs rampant in the legislative community...

All so in the general population!!

George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:41 AM

don't doubt one single thing you said. That doesn't change the fact he made us promises and many voted for him because of those promises. Could it have been worse? **** YES! Could it have been better? **** YES!! Personaly I guess I was a sucker. I thought for the first time were going to get a president that actually had the nuts to stand up and deliver what he promised. What we got was the same old thing. I sometimes wonder if presidents don't have to hand in there balls at there inauguration
Quote:
Originally Posted by jager View Post
If we only had "Hitlery" in charge we wouldn't have to worry about a discussion on gun control, huh? Of course after the first shooting (or "False Flag") we would have "universal registration" followed by confiscation after the second shooting under her charge, especially with the current "House" in Democrat control!
Trump says what's on his mind without a "filter". If you closely monitor who reports what he says, it will give you an idea of how accurate it is and how easily they can change the meaning of his words.

Silencers in Europe are used because the population does not want to hear the noise, while the users go through so many "hoops" to even hunt or own a gun that modifications to auto loading firearms are a "pipe dream". The fact we have not had any successful attacks on our 2nd amendment rights after the constant attempt to take it down is because of Trump. Look at all the 20+ Democrats platforms that are running for President in 2020 and tell me how anti-gun our President is. Most Republican Presidents would have "folded" by now on at least 1/2 of the gun control proposals by now just to get along.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 08:59 AM

So far he only said "I don't like them."
I don't like them either, they turn a slim trim rifle or pistol into an ugly tool-like contraption.
Also, scopes can ruin the lines of a firearm.
That's why I only have one scoped rifle and it's for a special purpose.

His son will straighten him out on silencers.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
trump hasn't fulfilled a single promise hes made concerning gun control. Its one area he has failed completely at. We have more gun laws now not less. He has sold us gun owners out to appease the liberals.
I disagree.. The biggest and best move he made to protect gun owners..was to keep the Hildebeast from being elected, and having a chance to destroy our gun rights.

Strange how you complain about the President doing so little..while the antis are complaining that he is really hurting their cause in a big way !

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-parkland-nra

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 06-05-2019 at 10:56 AM.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
I disagree.. The biggest and best move he made to protect gun owners..was to keep the Hildebeast from being elected, and having a chance to destroy our gun rights.

Strange how you complain about the President doing so little..while the antis are complaining that he is really hurting their cause in a big way !

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...s-parkland-nra
Probably upset the wall is not being built fast enough...
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:19 PM

I don't like using the word silencer . After watching a 30 cal. suppressors test on u-tube , they only dropped the decibles from 170 db to 139 db . I don't call that silence .
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 03:59 PM

Send a message via AIM to gene_225

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
I don't like using the word silencer . After watching a 30 cal. suppressors test on u-tube , they only dropped the decibles from 170 db to 139 db . I don't call that silence .
Technically, they are sound suppressors. I saw a guy at our range shoot a .308 with a suppressor; with normal ammo, it did cut the sound some (you would have had a hard time figuring out where the shot came from), but not the crack from the supersonic bullet. With a subsonic round, it did go psst so the sound was mostly gone.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:12 PM

I think we should ban the knife... Since we are worried about silence and all...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page