Trump on Gun ‘Silencers’ Like One Used in Virginia Beach Shooting: ‘I Don’t Like Them - Page 5 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to justonemorear

The only way I would give up my cans is if they reimburse me for the tax stamps and pay the present day value for each and the accessories.
To outlaw them would require a change to the NFA act.
Whatever happened to them deregulating them for hearing protection since they are not a firearm? They won't, too much monies made from the ones who follow the laws.

When it absolutely needs to be there, reload

Pareo Nullus (Obey None)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:07 AM

I heard the bump stock guys saying the same thing. Don't here a single one of them bragging or admitting they still have one. BIG disadvantage to us who own suppressors is unlike a bump stock they have a black and white list of everyone that owns them and where they live. I know of two batf situations that happened here localy. One for a full auto gun without a stamp and one for just an sear for an ar15. What I will tell you is the batf comes gunning. They don't fool around. You will either hand it over or will be face down along with your wife and kids in the dirt while they tear your whole house apart. When the find it you will go to prison. Your dreaming if you think there going to reimburse you a penny. Instead you will pay court costs that cover the trial and probably the wages of those men that came to your house. Like bump stocks suppressors aren't popular enough that your going to get a mass movement to stop it like you would if they were taking away your guns. You will be on your own. Probably 50k for a lawyer and court costs and probably a 5 year vacation. My cans aren't worth that. What happened to them deregulating them. It was just a campaign promise to gather some pro 2nd amendment votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemorear View Post
The only way I would give up my cans is if they reimburse me for the tax stamps and pay the present day value for each and the accessories.
To outlaw them would require a change to the NFA act.
Whatever happened to them deregulating them for hearing protection since they are not a firearm? They won't, too much monies made from the ones who follow the laws.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger99 View Post
just me-
i haven't seen anywhere that the shooter was actually using a
"silencer", only that he supposedly had one, and i never saw or heard
if it was a legally owned one, or just something cobbled together.

i'm of the opinion that a law abiding citizen should be able to possess
and be able to use any of these regulated devices if he so desires without
any governmental interference of the least kind.
if someone can't be trusted with a "silencer" or "bump stock" or a full
auto firearm, why are they running around loose ?
farmers used to buy cases of good quality dynamite at the hardware
store without any trouble, and order most any kind of firearm through
the mail and have it delivered to their home, and we didn't have anywhere
close to the kind of killing and crime that we have now in this highly
regulatory 21st century.
My Grandfather used to carry his 22 rifle to school and put it in his locker so he could hunt on the way home. A lot of the boys did... Things have changed and not for the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
My Grandfather used to carry his 22 rifle to school and put it in his locker so he could hunt on the way home. A lot of the boys did... Things have changed and not for the better.
Me and my brothers and a few other boys did the same.
Only 14 kids in the school with only 4 girls most of the time.
We squirrel hunted on the way home.

I attended the last one room school in Illinois.
Attached Images

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
HEII HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #45 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Your right lloyd they have a list. That is the unfortunate part of following the laws and being a good person. Like I told the local Sheriff when I went to have him sign off on my NFA items and he asked why I thought I needed them. I told him be glad I'm asking, Too many do it on the sneak because it is easier to do so and when they get popped it's making us look bad. Granted on occasion someone may have a bad day and go postal (more often now) Seems people are too thin skinned anymore. Toughen up and move on. Life is way too short and you will not get a second go-around no matter to whom you worship.
As for deregulating them, they make too much for the stamp to justify that, the stamp should be an AOW $5 stamp like a foregrip on a pistol, it is an add on not a weapon. Figure they see it as a lighting link that can modify any weapon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
I heard the bump stock guys saying the same thing. Don't here a single one of them bragging or admitting they still have one. BIG disadvantage to us who own suppressors is unlike a bump stock they have a black and white list of everyone that owns them and where they live. I know of two batf situations that happened here localy. One for a full auto gun without a stamp and one for just an sear for an ar15. What I will tell you is the batf comes gunning. They don't fool around. You will either hand it over or will be face down along with your wife and kids in the dirt while they tear your whole house apart. When the find it you will go to prison. Your dreaming if you think there going to reimburse you a penny. Instead you will pay court costs that cover the trial and probably the wages of those men that came to your house. Like bump stocks suppressors aren't popular enough that your going to get a mass movement to stop it like you would if they were taking away your guns. You will be on your own. Probably 50k for a lawyer and court costs and probably a 5 year vacation. My cans aren't worth that. What happened to them deregulating them. It was just a campaign promise to gather some pro 2nd amendment votes.

Pareo Nullus (Obey None)
post #46 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:23 PM

Does anyone remember the law that Obamie tried to get passed that would criminalize gunsmiths for making any modifications to any firearm ? I vaguely remember it.
post #47 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
As for deregulating them, they make too much for the stamp to justify that,
yes sir. they not only get to keep a list they get paid to keep it.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 03:11 PM

Yes, but it died.
Even if you changed the stock on the rifle or put a scope on it you would have been in violation.
Don't ever remember anybody who a gun that did not do something to it.
10yrs at the gunshop, I never had someone buy a rifle w/o sites and not scope it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbammer View Post
Does anyone remember the law that Obamie tried to get passed that would criminalize gunsmiths for making any modifications to any firearm ? I vaguely remember it.

Pareo Nullus (Obey None)
post #49 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonemorear View Post
Yes, but it died.
Even if you changed the stock on the rifle or put a scope on it you would have been in violation.
Don't ever remember anybody who a gun that did not do something to it.
10yrs at the gunshop, I never had someone buy a rifle w/o sites and not scope it.
that was it . Even adding recoil pad would be a violation .
post #50 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 06:36 AM

There is a stark difference between bump stocks and suppressors. Bump stocks were an effort to get around the full auto rules. Suppressors have been legal to own for decades with the proper paper work. If they were to ban them, they would all but have to "grandfather" those that currently have them, much like they did with the 94 Clinton Ban. If you had Pre-ban Hi-caps, folding stocks, muzzle breaks or bayonets, you could keep them and sell them just as before, just couldn't buy newly made ones.

I would think that to get more people behind their "ban", either "grandfathering" them in or providing some sort of reimbursement to owners would get them a lot more buy in to make it happen.

Rosewood

Go Donald Go!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page