Chinese Navy Recruiting video... - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
TM7

Default Chinese Navy Recruiting video...

What do you think?

https://youtu.be/JmlDjZdLTjY

Please forward to Joe Biden...😄
...TM7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:18 AM

I tried that link..got a notice.."cannot safely connect to"..

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2019, 06:26 AM

open for me. Pretty awesome video. They own at least some ships that aren't transporting crap to Walmart!! Sure aren't the stereotype Chinese peddling a rickshaw!!!!!

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:07 AM Thread Starter
TM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
open for me. Pretty awesome video. They own at least some ships that aren't transporting crap to Walmart!! Sure aren't the stereotype Chinese peddling a rickshaw!!!!!
_ yes...Looks like alot of our hardware and tech; right down to the color coding on the carrier deck crews.
...TM7
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 10:43 AM

And my friends this is why buying products from China might not be in our interest.
They have impressive stuff. And just think until bill clinton allowed them to buy technology to make percision ball bearings they couldn't hit squat with their crude guidance systems.
One must ask who's side was he on ?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 11:08 AM

The video finally came through. It is a sharp, crisp video, and may well convince some young folks to pull a hitch in their Navy.

I didn't realize they needed recruiting videos..I supposed the local commissar just said something like....."you Ming..pack your clothes, you're in the Navy !"

A very nice advertising video..

Then I stopped to think..The Chinese made good use of their single large carrier to bring in recruits.. Imagine what a video our Navy could make, with 11Super carriers!

We have some 20 large carriers, including the 11 supers..

however, I wonder if the Chinese have any more success than we do, with such cool advertisiing? After all..only 1/10th of 1 percent of young Americans choose to serve.. A national shame, as I see it !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 12:15 PM

The shame is poor pay , substandard living quarters for family , need to be on food stamps and other indignities to serve a Congress and sometimes president that makes wY more money with a deal that takes care of them for life. The shame is how they are treated not that most don't want to subject themselves to the crap.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
The shame is poor pay , substandard living quarters for family , need to be on food stamps and other indignities to serve a Congress and sometimes president that makes wY more money with a deal that takes care of them for life. The shame is how they are treated not that most don't want to subject themselves to the crap.
Was your experience in the military that bad? What branch and when? We had some cases of raw treatment back in the 50s and 60s, but the more recent vets don't seem to have quite that many complaints, at least not that I am aware of.

Subjected to crap? Yes, that can happen..it happens..unreasonable discipline is part of the military, especially during the training period.

My grandson who finished an 8 year hitch with the Marines a few years ago seemed to do OK..I visited his quarters at both Camp LeJeune and Parris Island. and they were not what I would call 'substandard'.

His home at Lejeune was a 1950s style, 2 bedroom bungalow, not luxurious, but clean and neat...new housing was being built at the time.

His home in the NCO area at Parris Island, ..his home at Laurel Bay, was a nice, 2 or 3 bedroom ranch of current design..

Pay may not be what some would like, but it is not 'starvation' wages, and of course, if they are single, they have no food bill.

It is not truly fair to compare a soldier's pay with that of a president or congressman, since I doubt any country in the world pays the basic soldier like elected high government officials

Below, see the current pay per grade/time served level. Of course, more is allowed if they are married, along with a "rations allowance" since they are no longer eating on base. Post housing is deducted from that pay.

https://www.navycs.com/charts/2018-m...pay-chart.html

When my grandson left the Corps at 8 years E5, married, no children, he was being paid all tolled, over $4K per month.

He now works for NATO (federal job)..when he started 4 years ago, he was paid at a Captain's pay grade..he must be equivalent to at least a Major now..

There are reasons to be dissatisfied by military life, but it is not often a reflection on pay.

Things have changed greatly , from what many of us who served in the 50s and 60s, had to deal with.

Last edited by ironglow; 06-14-2019 at 01:48 PM. Reason: food bill.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
TM7

IG...

I don't the Chinese are looking to recruit just warm bodies, but instead looking for more cream of the crop educated high tech types especially for their high tech navy. Also I think they put more emphasis on missile launch ships and subs and less on old school carrier groups which are easily taken out .

One problem with recruiting in America is about 73% of younger age groups can not pass the mental, education and physical requirements to join up. Obesity being a big problem and/or drug use another.
...TM7
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
IG...

I don't the Chinese are looking to recruit just warm bodies, but instead looking for more cream of the crop educated high tech types especially for their high tech navy. Also I think they put more emphasis on missile launch ships and subs and less on old school carrier groups which are easily taken out .

One problem with recruiting in America is about 73% of younger age groups can not pass the mental, education and physical requirements to join up. Obesity being a big problem and/or drug use another.
...TM7
Yes, I tend to think the Chinese are looking for the cream. With the huge pool they have, it may be easy to fill their ranks with the top stuff.

I guess you are correct or quite close to it, our military still takes just the cream..but their pool is much smaller.

I tend to think that the Chinese youth can take in stride, the harassment handed out in the training phase..

Of course, any who think they cannot handle the Marines or Army training, can opt for one of the other two.

Last edited by ironglow; 06-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page