Minimum wage - Page 2 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootall3 View Post
Ok it's back . A push for $15.00 per hour. Nation wide. So if you live in New York City you get 15 . If you live in out back West Va. you get 15 bucks how is that fair ?
Since most products will rise in cost also the cost will have more effect in some places than others.
Since I will have to pay more will all people get their wages adjusted and if so what was accomplished ? Of course all on the government dole will need adjustment.

Do the people pushing this have a clue ?
Do the people pushing this have a clue ?

They certainly do 'have a clue'.. They know full well the damage they will do to our economy, with entry level workers suffering first.

Yes, they know what damage they would do..but they just don't care. They are too much involved with buying the votes of low-information-voters and illegal aliens.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Social Security is ALREADY effectively eliminated. When you are on it, it does not "secure" one dam thing. The rising cost of everything, in particular the contemplated 4x jump in minimum wage, without an adjustment in SS take home, is just another way to screw the retired out of their life's savings and send them to an earlier grave. Same for the IRS and every political "subdivision" on the planet.

Government has NOTHING it didn't first TAKE from someone productive. Government is just like a tick on the back of the dog...a sucking parasite.
Sorry land-owner but I donít have near as much contempt for blood suckers and parasites...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

I get your point Mule 11. It was disingenuous of me to compare the blood sucking parasites to politicians as it stigmatizes the blood sucking parasites. A person might conclude that politicians were somehow "better", which would be fallacious and wrong headed thinking. I see the error in that politicians are MUCH WORSE than blood sucking parasites...but how does one sarcastically write the black spot on the palm, an indication of being targeted, with the Kraken that is Government?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 08:08 PM

I think it is probably too late for you and I...
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2019, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Sadly...you are right. We don't have too much longer to grouse about it. Maybe another 20 years or so. Just a single generation. After that, infinity and beyond!
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:46 PM

If not meddled with,.. in a normal capitalist economy, minimum wage would take care of itself. As business picks up and more base level jobs open, employers have to bid for the available workers.

Liberals are stupid on this point..and intentionally so !

They are bound to admit hundreds of thousands of illegals..for their uninformed votes. However, if they left things alone and allow legal

immigration to proceed as it has done so successfully in the past, minimum wages would rise naturally.

The illegals are taking jobs away from our minimum wage workers..because they will take less money..and do that 'under the table".

The left knows just what they are doing! ..But they don't care, because they hate America anyway !

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)

Last edited by ironglow; 06-22-2019 at 08:11 PM. Reason: punctuation
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
If not meddled with in a normal capitalist economy, minimum wage would take care of itself. As business picks up and more base level jobs open, employers have to bid for the available workers.

Liberals are stupid on this point..and intentionally so !

They are bound to admit hundreds of thousands of illegals..for their uninformed votes. However, if they left things alone and allow legal

immigration to proceed as it has done so successfully in the past, minimum wages would rise naturally.

The illegals are taking jobs away from our minimum wage workers..because they will take less money..and do that 'under the table".

The left knows just what they are doing! ..But they don't care, because they hate America anyway !

Agreed... They hate America and everything that it stands for. I have attacked democrats on this site because of what the whole of their group is doing. Some are not as bad as the whole but by being party to them they are my enemy regardless of common ground...
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule 11 View Post
Agreed... They hate America and everything that it stands for. I have attacked democrats on this site because of what the whole of their group is doing. Some are not as bad as the whole but by being party to them they are my enemy regardless of common ground...
If one runs with a wolf pack...they are either a wolf, or a weak scavenger, devouring what scraps the wolves have cast off!

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:29 PM

Don't the illegal migrants have a DNA signature? Just sayin.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page