Iranian drone over gulf.. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Default Iranian drone over gulf..

Iranian drone goes bye,,bye…

https://www.foxnews.com/world/trump-...-strait-hormuz

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. (Alexander the Great)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 03:07 AM
TM7

Interesting since Iran claims 'Nope not ours'. They say all their aircraft are accounted for! But I assume it would benefit them to complain about such a drone downing because it occurred in international airspace.

Also interesting in view of Rand Paul now being assigned to the Iranian problem.

And further interesting as Iran just agreed to enhanced nuke inspections for the lifting of some sanctions.

🤔🤔🤔
.TM7
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Comes down to tis..believe Pres rump ..or belive the mullahs..

THe mullahs would almost have to deny what happened, because if they admitted the loss, to "save face" among their radical peers, they would have to attack some American elements.

They realize that attacking any of our force elements, may well bring a swift, strong retaliation. Doubt they want to risk that !

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion. (Alexander the Great)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 11:33 AM
TM7

Trump is reading the usual intell reports as expected, most likely naval.

As for Iran, I should think they have every incentive to complain about a drone shot down in international airspace since we complained about our drone shot down and ALMOST WENT TO WAR OVER IT!

So, I wonder what Trump would do if he finds out the downed drone was masquerading as Iranian; especially if the Iranians can prove it. Probably hush it up. But would figure in his future calculus.

Btw, if it was a drone masquerading as Iranian; who would do such a thing at this time when a diplomatic breakthru was possibly in the making?

I wish Rand Paul Godspeed and luck with taking on the Iranian problem.
.TM7
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:39 PM

I have no doubt they lost a drone, they continually harrass our ships out there with small craft, the only reason some of those do not also get engaged is because they are manned.

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

From TM;

" Trump is reading the usual intell reports as expected, most likely naval."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

So it still boils down to..Who do you trust, our Navy..or the mullahs,.... whose Koran says it is acceptable to lie to an "infidel" as a strategy?

post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 01:21 PM
TM7

IG....

You seem to believe the deep state when it supports your agenda; and not believe the deep state when it supports your agenda.

What it boils down to is applying logic and reason to figure truth in the equation of events. Now one of Iran's drone's may have been downed and maybe not. But I can't figure how it benefits them to deny it; quite the opposite for many reasons.

But since they're quiet on the drone downing it appears its somebody else's drone.

Also strange this stuff going on with Paul entering the scene and with possible thawing of the diplomatic impasse with Iran. So for right now, I'm from Missouri on this one....
.TM7
post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:57 PM

Does Isreal Have drones people seem to want to blame them for every thing else?
Just asking.
I think Iran just lost an expensive drone.
post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 02:59 PM

Looks like a lot went on. They should have shot down the Iranian Bell 212 as well.

Heard a report concerning the Iranian video supposedly proving they didn’t lose a drone. It was filmed in 2018. Whoops.

“ABOARD THE USS BOXER—Immediately after entering the Strait of Hormuz at 7 a.m. local time on Thursday, a group of six U.S. Navy ships had a series of tense encounters with the Iranian military, culminating in the downing of an Iranian drone.

The incident came after the group of six ships led by this sea-to-land assault vessel headed into waters where the U.S. and the U.K. have blamed Iran for attacking or harassing commercial vessels. Iran downed an American spy drone over the Persian Gulf last month and, on Thursday, seized a foreign vessel it accused of smuggling.

An unarmed Iranian navy Bell 212 helicopter flew alongside the Boxer, yards away from the deck, before it was chased away by a U.S. helicopter. The commander of the Boxer, Capt. Ronald Dowdell, called the engagement “surreal.”

The convoy swept past the speed boats without incident but was followed by the larger Iranian military vessel, which came as close as 500 yards to the Boxer—the distance the U.S. navy allows before verbally communicating to a ship not to come any closer.

U.S. helicopters flew between the Iranian ship and the Boxer to warn it away, then followed a white Iranian aircraft that U.S. naval officials identified as a Y-12 surveillance plane.

Soon after, at approximately 10 a.m. local time, the Boxer convoy downed the drone, a U.S. official said late Thursday”.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-nav...d3fe57c240bd3d
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:21 PM

This is what they were probably attempting to do to our vessel:

"Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
~Pericles~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page