Shooter stopped - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Default Shooter stopped

Yesterday a gunman entered a Walmart in Missouri
He had a rifle , handgun , 100 rounds of ammo , military style clothes and armor. He was filming himself. Long story short a civilian with a gun took him at gun pli t and held him for police. The citizen was a retired fire fighter. This might get interesting in court.
My take away is yes one citizen who is alert and sr.ed with a handgun can in fact stop a mass shooting. Something the left seems to believe impossible. Also a citizen with a gun will not shoot in rent people or himself every time his gun is used.
It seems at least some citizens are stepping up to the challenge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:10 PM

But...how is this going to play out? I do not know about MO, but in KS I would be perfectly legal to do that. Wise, no. Would I attract attention, you bet. Would I probably have a visit with a LEO, probably, but until I actually did something I have broken no laws.
GuzziJohn
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Gun Cabinet

Exactly. He wasn't a shooter, just an armed citizen until such time as he opens fire. I'm thinking he has a valid lawsuit against the ex fire fighter and likely the cops and city as well. Maybe it was illegal to be carrying the rifle there, dunno, but many places perfectly legal even if a bit on the weird side.

I'm waiting to see what he did that was illegal to be detained or arrested.

Bill aka the Graybeard

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

JESUS is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 06:46 PM

This guy sounds like a total nut job. Thank God he was stopped before he did anything.

Let him plead his case before a judge. The retired firefighter did a good thing.

All of my favorite creatures have white bottoms.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

The article said it is legal to carry the gun but not to display it in a threaten manner. If Walmart has a policy it could be a problem for him. Maybe nothing. The police said it could have gotten him killed and he was lucky. There are several who push the limits. They will be the ones who help us lose our gun rights.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 09:14 PM
Dee

If he didn't break the law, then he could have violated store policy.
Which is not a crime.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
If he didn't break the law, then he could have violated store policy.
Which is not a crime.
Very true it will be interesting to see it play out. In Ashland VA a group of guys went in a bar open carrying and ordered cokes in glasses they normally sold mixed drinks in. The cops watch this place trying to catch drunk drivers. The cops come in and try to arrest them. Then got laughed at. Stunts like this are not useful at all.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 08:39 AM

He says he did it to TEST Walmart
If so why did he wear the Vest ??

Armed Man at Walmart Says He Was Testing Right to Bear Arms

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Prosecutors on Friday filed a terrorist threat charge against a 20-year-old man who said he walked into a Missouri store wearing body armor and carrying a loaded rifle and handgun to test whether Walmart would honor his constitutional right to bear arms.

The incident, just days after 22 people were killed during an attack at another Walmart in El Paso, Texas, caused a panic at the Springfield, Missouri, store. Dmitriy Andreychenko walked through filming himself with his cell phone Thursday afternoon.

No shots were fired and Andreychenko was arrested after he was stopped by an armed off-duty firefighter at the store.

"Missouri protects the right of people to open carry a firearm, but that does not allow an individual to act in a reckless and criminal manner endangering other citizens," Greene County Prosecuting Attorney Dan Patterson said in a statement announcing the charge. Patterson compared the man's actions to "falsely shouting fire in a theater causing a panic."

If convicted, the felony charge of making a terrorist threat in the second degree is punishable by up to four years in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, according to the prosecutor's office. The charge means he showed reckless disregard for the risk of causing an evacuation or knowingly caused fear that lives were in danger.

"I wanted to know if Walmart honored the Second Amendment," a probable cause statement released Friday with the charges quoted Andreychenko as saying.

Andreychenko started to record himself with his phone while he was still in the car parked at Walmart. He got the body armor from the trunk of his car and put it on before grabbing a shopping cart and walking into the store, according to the statement.

Andreychenko said his intention was to buy grocery bags. The rifle had a loaded magazine inserted, but a round was not chambered. A handgun on his right hip was loaded with one round in the chamber.

He said he bought the rifle and body armor because of three recent shootings and a stabbing, and said he wanted to protect himself.

His wife, Angelice Andreychenko, told investigators that she warned him it was not a good idea, adding that he was an immature boy.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...no-shots-fired
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 09:39 AM

No one will ever know what he was really thinking. One thing we know for sure is he isn't very smart!

It doesn't appear he intended to actually do any shooting. My guess is he wanted to get his face all over the 6 o'clock news and become a social media sensation. I don't think he planned on getting arrested.

He knew, or should have known, his actions would cause fear and panic among at least some of the shoppers. I'd characterize what he did as akin to yelling "FIRE" in a movie theater!

He wasn't "testing his 2nd Amendment rights", he went there to create a "scene" and probably laugh at all the people panicking.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 10:53 AM

He is dam lucky to be alive after pulling this stunt. Is he telling the truth about only testing a law? Could be,but he could also be lying.
What he did is like yelling fire in a crowded building that was not on fire. He was putting a lot of peoples lives at risk by pulling such a stunt.

I don't think of myself as a staunch Republican or Democrat.
I am a Christian and a Conservative...........In that order!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page