Graybeard Outdoors banner

Wolf attack...

795 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Ranger99 
#1 ·
#5 ·
"It was unclear why the wolf attacked the family" - Maybe because it's a predator and that's what predators do?!!

A single healthy, determined wolf can easily kill an adult. Sounds like this one was not too healthy (20 pounds underweight), but was still able to drag a full grown man a short distance.

If you've never seen one up close in the wild it's hard to imagine just how BIG an adult wolf is.

#8 ·
Canada is an anti gun country. Get caught in a national park with a gun, and go to a liberal Canadian jail.

#10 ·
Back in the 90's a police officer buddy brought me his 110 lb Mackenzie Valley Timber Wolf. He was marrying a lady who already had two small children and the courts agreed with her ex that the wolf had to go for the sake of the kids.

We had just built a new house in the timber on a dead end road so I had the perfect place for him. I decided to give him a try.

The neighbors big Doberman used to come down for a visit whenever one of my bird dogs came into heat. I would have to run him off before he tore a kennel apart. He was around 100 lbs and mean. However he wasn't the alpha male that he thought he was. A week into owning the wolf he killed that big Doberman in quick fashion. It was the most wicked vicious thing that I have ever seen and the wolf had the disadvantage of being on a big chain.. He was still all hackled up and growling long after the Doberman was dead. I couldn't get anywhere near him. I made quick arrangements for him to go elsewhere.

I can't imagine having to fend that off bare handed in a tent. That lady is lucky that she still has a husband as if that wolf would have gotten to his throat it would have been over!

#11 ·
there was a reason they paid bounty money on them back then.
$25.00 here in the early 1900's
that was a fortune back then

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.