Graybeard Outdoors banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

were trying to get rid of the anti gun people

3K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  goodshot 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
So, earth erodes, gravity works, and proximity creates news. Everybody alright out there? OK. We're moving. We're moving.

Northern Michigan University Geology Professor Richard Ziegler says the near-record water levels on Lake Superior probably had nothing to do with this big release of the cliff.

"It's the wave action, the continual wave action that's undermining the cliff, essentially," said Ziegler. "And once it becomes too steep or overhanging, any fractures within the bedrock will weaken the bedrock."
[emphasis added]

Conflicting double speak (or more likely real poor reporting) and a "Duh!" statement (fractures weaken rock - oH mY!) if I ever heard one.

#4 · (Edited)
keep in mind that our local tv station is small time and we get the bottom of the barrel in news casters. That and that college contains about 50 percent of the liberals in the whole UP of Michigan. that liberal college professor is probably the closest thing you can find to a scientist within 300 miles of here.
So, earth erodes, gravity works, and proximity creates news. Everybody alright out there? OK. We're moving. We're moving.

[emphasis added]

Conflicting double speak (or more likely real poor reporting) and a "Duh!" statement (fractures weaken rock - oH mY!) if I ever heard one.

#3 ·
rock slides happen every couple years. Comical that when some yuppie liberals see it it makes national news. All it accomplishes is is bringing more people who have never seen wilderness before turning our beautiful pristine land into a carnival. Visitors to the picture rocks have doubled in just the last couple years. Heck theres darned near as many camper trailers in our township right now as there is homes. The one stop light in town is backed up 4 blocks all day long. COME ON WINTER!!!!

#5 ·
This professor sounds like a typical liberal moron. Saying the high water levels probably had nothing to do with the rocks falling (or in his language "release of the cliff"!) is almost asinine. Common sense tells a normal person the higher the water level the more erosion will occur! But hey, common sense isn't a requirement to be a college professor!

#7 ·
Typical "FOOL's" can’t see the windfall of added tourism $$$
Better to bitch&moan Better yet raise the taxes for the locals,
Opposed too capitalizing on a money-making window of opportunity!

Frozen in time n Left behind 😂
Let the "wind" Blow now ☝

wait 4 it

#9 · (Edited)
sorry just the opposite happens. The more tourist we get the more that want a permanent piece. The new thing seems to be people from the south buying property here to escape the hot summers down there just like people here running south in the winter. Which raise property value and raises taxes for the locals. Tourists pay state sales tax and federal gas taxes not local taxes. IF you asked anyone that's on this fourm from northern Michigan where those federal and state taxes go youll get a very quick answer. Everywhere but here! Funny thing is even our gas prices here in town are jacked up 20 cents a gallon higher then they are just 20 miles away and its like that all year long. Summer we have tourists and winter snowmobilers. My niece bought a resort on a lake nearby and she told me that in just the 5 years shes owned it its doubled in value. Theres a 2 year waiting list for a cabin rental and that all year long.

Ive got no problem with people making a living off of tourism. But it brings the undesirables. This was always a pristine wilderness area. Now you drive 60 miles to Marquette and theres trash bags and diaper bags dumped on the side of the road. Ive even seen spots on the highway that campers have opened there dump valves at night and drove away with there sewage draining on the highway. Oh were I guess its the price to pay for living in an area that's ALOT more like HEAVEN THEN ****.

Cool thing too is if its not a marked trail or an organized tour most of them are afraid to go in the woods anyway. Seems if its not pavement or sand it scares the **** out of them. Funny thing too there tommy is the south kind of phrased a term sno bird out of discust for tourists that invade there states. What? you don't want to capitalize on some money making opportunity? I guess I should value your opinion on this though. You live in the largest tourist trap in the world. FLORIDA. If it weren't for the northern tourists money youd still be driving on dirt roads. Got to give it to texas there. At least they could probably survive without the sno birds. Florida? NO WAY!
Typical "FOOL's" can’t see the windfall of added tourism $$$
Better to bitch&moan Better yet raise the taxes for the locals,
Opposed too capitalizing on a money-making window of opportunity!

Frozen in time n Left behind ��
Let the "wind" Blow now ☝

wait 4 it

wait for it??? Its you and a couple of your partners that came on my thread spouting about things you know nothing about.

#10 ·
Ever think that it’s not a conspiracy, or notice you are the only one crying about the wall? Maybe it’s you are the reason everyone laughs at you and makes fun. Hmmm? Also you are truly the king of personal attacks... I could definitely go on and on and on but that’s you’re M O not mine...

This post has been deleted
#14 ·
THIS IS A GREAT DAY for this fourm. Just watch as 80 percent of the fighting stops and this place gets back to the way it used to be.

#16 · (Edited)
Well, he does have seniority. And a few more strips on his arm than the other moderators. It's Richard who wears the gold bars.

Kinda funny that most of the moderators are former U.S. Navy or Coast Guard.
I think Bill was U.S. Army wasn't he ? I don't know what Lloyd was but I
know he was once in the service.

This post has been deleted
#21 ·
Lloyd I have no desire to be an alpha anything but I am sick to death of you thinking you have the final say on everything. Lloyd is the only one who knows jack squat. You have started more arguments concerning that wall and have thrown more insults at your fellow outdoorsman than anyone on any forum that I visit.

I have made known in many of my post that I am only giving my opinion and am fine with other opinions. However I am not going to be called out because our opinions differ. If someone disagrees with me that's fine, they have every right to do so. I and the Texans on this forum don't need to be slammed with insults in regards to our stand on the wall.

I know you and Dee hate each other with a passion! Remember the post about circling the wagon? You guys were bickering like a couple of old hens and I commented about that when we circle the wagons and it's us against them then I would crawl in a fox hole with the both of you....one of you on each side me. What I was really saying was I don't have a bone to pick with either one of you and can't we all just get along. However both of you used it for an opportunity to diss on the other......and you are both moderators??????

"I am not playing?" after your 500th argument on this forum this year you say that "you are not playing". Not until the next time anyway. Does that mean you are gonna take your ball and go home. You don't have to Lloyd, I'll bow out peacefully. You can have it! This forum is all yours buddy let it be your podium to the world.

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

#23 ·
Way too many good American Patriots leaving the board. I'm starting to wonder why I'm even here. CHARLIE. :tango_face_surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.