none of them got "accidentally" hooked.
none of them were forced to take it.
they all liked getting high.
the ex-con methheads over here still
take their dope and are able to come up
with money for smokes and tattoos and
booze, but can't seem to pay their bills
(grandma does that) and none have a
decent car to drive, or a pot to p*ss in.
never will 'till the day they die.

(i'll add that a couple of the gals used to be
fairly attractive, but all look like overdone
dry roasted h*ll now with all those ugly *ss
tattoos and their skeletal haggard looks)

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.

* * * * AMERICA * * * *
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ! !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 04:43 PM

Location: THE REPUBLIC OF TEXAS or CENTRAL FREDONIAN REPUBLIC
Gun Cabinet

just me- the times i've broken bones, had
surgeries, etc. and similar extremely painful
things going on, i was dadgum glad to have
fairly inexpensive opioid pain relievers at my
disposal. they work great when used as intended
and don't drain your bank account.

The United States doesn't have a gun control problem.
We have a people control problem.

Honor the Texas flag;I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible.

* * * * AMERICA * * * *
LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT ! !
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:20 PM

Ranger, those Meth heads start looking like TWD. So do the opioid junkies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
That is why I figure that no punishment/deterrence is too severe for the drug pusher.
Yes sir! It should also apply to big drug producers and even doctors that write scrips for people who don't really need them. there as much of a drug dealer as a guy on the street in NYC. The stuff they sell and precribe is no different the heroin and in some cases like fentanyl is even more powerful. A 130 people die EVERY DAY in this country from prescription opiates and that number is growing.

I find it comical that companies that produced asbestos have to pay settlements and the big drug companies cant be touched by people that have had kids die from opiates. Biggest drug cartels in the world can do it legally. The government will subsidize them to research new drugs for aids but could care less about pain meds. I just cant believe they cant come up with a pain blocker that isn't addictive and doesn't tear up your body. But then the big drug producers have no incentive to do it and probably love the fact there drugs are addictive. Good for sales. Its mainly a middle class white problem so they just don't care. Same with cancer. Id bet if only gay people or black people got cancer there would have been a cure for it 10 years ago.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 AM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger99 View Post
i've known a bunch of different ones.
shooters, sniffers, puffers, etc.
none of them got "accidentally" hooked.
none of them were forced to take it.
they all liked getting high.
the ex-con methheads over here still
take their dope and are able to come up
with money for smokes and tattoos and
booze, but can't seem to pay their bills
(grandma does that) and none have a
decent car to drive, or a pot to p*ss in.
never will 'till the day they die.

(i'll add that a couple of the gals used to be
fairly attractive, but all look like overdone
dry roasted h*ll now with all those ugly *ss
tattoos and their skeletal haggard looks)
Agreed!
Drug company's produce the drugs, doctors prescribe the drugs, but nobody makes the dope heads, swallow, smoke, or shoot the drugs.
They do it cause they want to.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
Yes sir! It should also apply to big drug producers and even doctors that write scrips for people who don't really need them. there as much of a drug dealer as a guy on the street in NYC. The stuff they sell and precribe is no different the heroin and in some cases like fentanyl is even more powerful. A 130 people die EVERY DAY in this country from prescription opiates and that number is growing.

I find it comical that companies that produced asbestos have to pay settlements and the big drug companies cant be touched by people that have had kids die from opiates. Biggest drug cartels in the world can do it legally. The government will subsidize them to research new drugs for aids but could care less about pain meds. I just cant believe they cant come up with a pain blocker that isn't addictive and doesn't tear up your body. But then the big drug producers have no incentive to do it and probably love the fact there drugs are addictive. Good for sales. Its mainly a middle class white problem so they just don't care. Same with cancer. Id bet if only gay people or black people got cancer there would have been a cure for it 10 years ago.
Lloyd they already have a few pain killers that are like you described. A new generation of steroids. Non addictive and they don't tear up your body. Gabapentin is just one of them, but a dose of that is 600mg.
Horse pills, so they aren't real popular with patients. They are in a class called Neurotin, which works
directly on nerves.

Last edited by Argent11; 10-18-2019 at 12:18 PM.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 09:08 AM

LOTS of lives are ruined by legally prescribed drugs by people who really believe that if a doctor prescribes it it is safe. If we follow your train of thought we shouldn't prosecute drug dealers or the cartels either because there not forcing anyone in ingest there products either. But your point is valid. Americans like drugs and alcohol. We spend billions trying to stop it but at best slow it down. If someone wants something and has money someone is going to provide it. Just doesn't make a bit of sense to spend billions trying to stop some drugs from coming across the border when we allow companys to make billions of dollars selling drugs they know are ruining the same lives that drugs crossing the border do.

Difference is we can stop the big pharmaceutical company's with a stroke of a pen. Even if we make it mandatory death penalty for anyone selling illegal drugs it wont stop. About all it will do is raise the prices. There will always be dope heads and there will always be teenagers that will experiment with drugs that are addictive and fall into the trap. Its not just poor dirt bags. The dirt bags buy heroine. Its cheaper. Prescription opiates are a middle and upper class problem more then a getto problem. Probably half of it started by a script wrote by a doctor after an operation or injury, a couple years ago you could get them for a hang nail or by just complaining about a sore shoulder. I see this all the time too. Someone crying that its hard to get there narcotics today and there suffering in pain, which they no doubt are. But many of those people refuse to have surgery's that will help them. I have NO sympathy for that mindset.

I know some NEED pain relief but this system we have in place to deal with pain is BROKE. I see absolutely nothing wrong with making doctors accountable for what they hand out like m&ms. As a cop I doubt you had much use for drug dealers. ANYONE or ANY COMPANY that makes money off of pushing drugs they know are addictive and destroy lives are just drug dealers. A piece of paper on the wall or paying taxes on that money doesn't change a thing. There DEALERS. Ask a kid in high school today if prescription opiates are just taken by dope heads and dirt bags. Id have to guess that you don't even need to do that. Id bet you been there and saw that.

I know some will say that the abusers shouldn't ruin it for those who need it but truth be told is it in most cases isn't there fault. Ill use myself as an example. I have chronic back problems. 7 operations so far. My old doctor (retired now) prescribed 10 mg oxycodone. The script said us as needed up to 20mg 4 times a day and on top of that would give me a bottle of liquid morphine for the real bad times. Lucky for me I hated the way it made me feel so I took them only when it was so bad I had tears in my eyes. He would give me a bottle of 240 of them for the month and id maybe take 40 of them. when I told him I was getting by with less he told me to keep getting them because it was easier for him to refill an existing prescription then to have to up my dose if down the line I needed more. So I just flushed what I didn't use. How many were in the same situation and knew they were worth 10 bucks a piece and were looking at a grand or two every month if they sold them? LOTS. Just ask an emergency room how many people they see every day that are just drug shopping. Some to get a fix some to make some quick money.

Id bet ANYONE whos kid or grandkid died of an overdose of prescription drugs or was crippled for life in a car wreck because some mom was coming from the store in her minivan stoned on them hit them would have a different opinion of doctors the prescribed them and companys that produced them. Id say theres at least a 130 people whos family are tore up every day by someone who od on them and that doesn't even include the innocent victims that are collateral damage or just ruin there lives but don't die from it. Lost jobs neglected children ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Agreed!
Drug company's produce the drugs, doctors prescribe the drugs, but nobody makes the dope heads, swallow, smoke, or shoot the drugs.
They do it cause they want to.

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 01:14 PM

With my condition Lloyd there isn't anything to operate on, just ride it out. Out of 60 Tramadols prescribed I've now only taken five in a two month period. All they did was upset my stomach, barfed em right back up. They didn't do squat for any pain, only one drug did. My Doctor said that some people are just like that.
Ive been diagnosed as being allergic to opioids anyway.

Last edited by Argent11; 10-19-2019 at 01:30 PM.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Considering that drug dealers have caused the death of so many people like LO's brother, I believe they should be put to death.
I can't think of one decent reason that we can't do like China, Malaysia, Burma, and some other countries. Catch a drug dealer, and execute them. Good riddance to society.

Kill enough drug pushers and the problem should take care of itself.

Don't over do it, just enough will do.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-20-2019, 08:03 AM

I know theres people that need special consideration. I have two friends that absolutely couldn't function without opiates. Thing is though NO doctor has tried to take them away from them because they know they need them. No doctor is going to throw someone out in the street if he knows hes suffering from terrible chronic pain. But today he has to be convinced theres no other alternative. Problem is you have people that have pain levels like mine that used to be on them. People who think they should live there lives without even an ache or pain that think they should be medicated for everything. Im in some level of pain 24 hours a day. But it isn't the take your breath away pain and unlike my buddys if I don't take my opiates im not incapable of even getting out of bed and am even in extream pain in bed. The kind of pain that takes your breath away. I know that pain because ive been there.

If I was at that level all the time id be at my doctors office and he would find a way to get me relief. I think most of those crying that they got cut off don't really need it. Same guys on here that are the ones complaining manage to sit and tap on keys of the computer for hours, make it out to go shooting hunting and fishing. There sure not bed ridden. It goes back to my opinion on med pot. Ive smoked it. If you honestly think it relieves pain then you DONT HAVE REAL PAIN. If anything its going to have you stoned sitting in your chair when you should be UP AND MOVING. I don't recall ever being told by a doctor to sit in my recliner and eat doritos and ice cream for therapy!! If you want to get stoned that's your call not mine but give me a break because im not buying you do it for pain relief. Bottom line is ive yet to meet a single person that got cut off that really couldn't get by without them. For one thing if your really in that much pain your not going to be here even discussing it.

Its kind of like a few years ago. I saw where disabled people in Michigan could get permits to hunt and shoot out of a vehicle. Im considered a 100 percent disabled so I figured id apply for the permit. I sent it in on line and about a week later the local game warden called me and said he was coming over to interview me. Couple hours later there was a knock on the door. I got up and answered it and it was the dnr officer. First words out of this mouth were "YOU DONT QUALIFY" I said why. He said because you got up out of your chair and walked to the door and I don't even see sweat running down your face from the pain and I looked in your truck in the driveway and theres no handicapped devices in it. So you can drive your truck up to a deer blind get out and go in the blind and hunt. We both had a little laugh and he left. I knew he had me.

Argent you like me are the fortunate ones. Those drugs make us feel worse and I personaly cant stand them. Others aren't so lucky. More often then the way we react to them people find them very pleasurable. Some get addicted on the first bottle of them the doctor gives them. By the time there healed from what the doctor prescribed them for they have a much bigger problem then that original booboo. In fact there lives or someone elses are ruined because of them. Show me ONE person that has been on opiates long term (say over a year) that hasn't drove on them or went to work on them. I will admit I did both. If your single and working YOU DID TOO. You were selfish enough to risk hurting someone else. THAT IS WHY they are clamping down on prescribing them. Because people don't sit home when they take them they take them so they don't have to sit at home. Because contrary to the lies some tell themselves YOU can and probably will become addict and eventfully it will hurt someone other then you. Opiates don't care how smart you think you are. Or whether your a dirt bag in a trailer park or own a penthouse on park avenue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent11 View Post
With my condition Lloyd there isn't anything to operate on, just ride it out. Out of 60 Tramadols prescribed I've now only taken five in a two month period. All they did was upset my stomach, barfed em right back up. They didn't do squat for any pain, only one drug did. My Doctor said that some people are just like that.
Ive been diagnosed as being allergic to opioids anyway.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page