The ugly face of addiction - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Default The ugly face of addiction

A heartbroken mother of an addicted son, posts pictures of his addiction. I can hardly imagine how she handles this... It must tear the entire family to pieces!

That is why I figure that no punishment/deterrence is too severe for the drug pusher.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/misso...eroin-meth-son

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Many sad facts come to mind from these pictures, not the least of which is the AFTER opioid boy believes (in his warped world) that his mind and body are OK. He hasn't hit rock bottom, or if he has, he has started to dig.

My younger brother was the same...until his death from opioids two months ago at age 55. Tim never quit digging, not once, even though we as a family intervened on many occasions. It is impossible to help someone who does not want help.

Most of the family is getting together this coming weekend in a memorial for Tim and to support his daughter through this tough time. My sister asked me 6 weeks ago if I had a humorous anecdote, which I could share with her about Tim. I have wracked my brain and can think of NONE. Not ONE in his last 40-YEARS on this planet. That pisses me off.

My older brother won't even go to the Memorial. That pisses me off too. So "Christian" of him to think of his younger brother and the remaining family in so "loving" a fashion. And it is not because he is distraught. His Deep State Democrat mind is warped too...(imho).

Last edited by land_owner; 10-14-2019 at 08:22 AM.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by land_owner View Post
Many sad facts come to mind from these pictures, not the least of which is the AFTER opioid boy believes (in his warped world) that his mind and body are OK. He hasn't hit rock bottom, or if he has, he has started to dig.

My younger brother was the same...until his death from opioids two months ago at age 55. Tim never quit digging, not once, even though we as a family intervened on many occasions. It is impossible to help someone who does not want help.

Most of the family is getting together this coming weekend in a memorial for Tim and to support his daughter through this tough time. My sister asked me 6 weeks ago if I had a humorous anecdote, which I could share with her about Tim. I have wracked my brain and can think of NONE. Not ONE in his last 40-YEARS on this planet. That pisses me off.

My older brother won't even go to the Memorial. That pisses me off too. So "Christian" of him to think of his younger brother and the remaining family in so "loving" a fashion. And it is not because he is distraught. His Deep State Democrat mind is warped too...(imho).
Sorry to hear of your loss LO ! I suppose that with a deep addiction, you actually 'lost" him some years ago. So sad that he stayed in denial..and I have little sympathy for his suppliers, whoever they were.

Tough part is that your older brother won't pay last respects, but he must realize that an addicted person will often act irrationally.

"Politically correct" language, is really Orwellian 'newspeak'. (Michael Cutler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:14 AM

Considering that drug dealers have caused the death of so many people like LO's brother, I believe they should be put to death.

HEAVEN HAS A WALL, A GATE, AND A STRICT IMMIGRATION POLICY.
H*LL HAS OPEN BORDERS. taken from fox news

DEMOCRATS/ABORTIONISTS SHOULD TAKE HEED OF THE FACT THAT BABIES ARE GOD'S MOST PRECIOUS.

MURDER BABIES AND YOU "WILL" BURN FOR ETERNITY.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugeye View Post
Considering that drug dealers have caused the death of so many people like LO's brother, I believe they should be put to death.
But they vote Tyranny-crat and are big donors to the Criminal Left...
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Drug users become drug pushers when one's supply isn't their "thing". Thievery and burglary are prevalent "careers" then disposal of ill gotten gains to Pawn Brokers (who are getting rich), the Black Market, and whole "under belly" of society.

Drug addicts suck the life out of all those around them.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:27 PM

That kid chose to be on opioids that he was getting from a street pusher to get high. I had no choose in
the matter, I even refused to take them according to my doctors orders. In my case I found the Soma
to be doing much better job of controlling the pain. Without all the side effects associated with the
Tramadol.

I told my doctor that so she put me on the Soma instead of any opipiods. Down the toilet with the opioids
The opioids only made me sick to my stomach. No highs or euphoria, just a really bad case of barfing which
wasn't helping anything. I'm doing much better now and I've even cut back on the Soma.

Now a couple of ibuprofens and I'm good to go. So my condition went from chronic, to only being acute.
Meaning I was healing up.

Last edited by Argent11; 10-14-2019 at 02:31 PM.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 02:40 PM

No real junkie is going to want any Soma lol. The internet says you can get addicted to it but, that's rare.
Plus there is no withdraws if you stop using it. The DEA puts it at a class D pain killer.

Last edited by Argent11; 10-14-2019 at 02:48 PM.
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

From Land Owner:

From what I understand, this is apparently one common factor among addicts..that their drugs become the focal center of their lives, more important to hem than brothers, sisters, spouses or children. So they will do ANYTHING to get their 'fix"..

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironglow View Post
From Land Owner:

From what I understand, this is apparently one common factor among addicts..that their drugs become the focal center of their lives, more important to hem than brothers, sisters, spouses or children. So they will do ANYTHING to get their 'fix"..

So will Meth heads, the problem isn't only the opioids. And it's hard to tell which one is the worst.
I watched that series about the county lock up in Oregon. The Deputy's were saying the Meth addicts
were the worse, the most dangerous. A lot of them are also coming down with alcohol withdraws,
on top of the Meth.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page