LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 03:10 AM Thread Starter
TM7

Default Looks like Coronavirus is ...

...is a common cold virus!

They already have vax for it.
Need I say more.

Coronavirus and the Common Cold
Search domain web.stanford.edu/group/virus/corona/colds.htmlhttps://web.stanford.edu/group/virus/corona/colds.html
The common cold is a virally related syndrome and has been associated with over 100 different viruses, including Human Coronavirus and Rhinovirus. Common symptoms include throat discomfort , followed by sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing and decreased energy level.
Causes of Common Cold: Rhinovirus, Coronavirus, and More
Search domain http://www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/co...on_cold_causes
Other Causes of the Common Cold About 10% to 15% of adult colds are caused by viruses also responsible for other, more severe respiratory illnesses. The causes of 20%-30% of adult colds, presumed ...
Coronavirus Symptoms, Causes, Treatments, Types
Search domain http://www.webmd.com/lung/coronaviru...ng/coronavirus
You treat a coronavirus infection the same way you treat a cold: Get plenty of rest. Drink fluids. Take over-the-counter medicine for sore throat and fever (but don't give aspirin to children or teens younger than 19; use ibuprofen or acetaminophen instead).
Facts About the Common Cold | American Lung Association
Search domain http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-...mmon-cold.html
Rhinovirus is the most common cause, accounting for 10 to 40 percent of colds. Other common cold viruses include coronavirus and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). A cold may last for about one week, but some colds last longer, especially in children, the elderly and those in poor health.
Coronaviruses: Symptoms, treatments, and variants
Search domain http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/arti...les/256521.php
Coronaviruses are types of viruses that typically affect the respiratory tract of mammals, including humans. They are associated with the common cold, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and can also affect the gut. A coronavirus was first isolated in 1937 from an infectious bronchitis virus...
A Human Coronavirus Responsible for the Common Cold Massively ...
Search domain http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...es/PMC3416289/
A Human Coronavirus Responsible for the Common Cold Massively Kills Dendritic Cells but Not Monocytes Mariana Mesel-Lemoine , a Jean Millet , b Pierre-Olivier Vidalain , a Helen Law , c Astrid Vabret , d Valérie Lorin , a Nicolas Escriou , a Matthew L. Albert , c Béatrice Nal , b and Frédéric Tangy a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 06:02 AM
Banned

Couldn't get any of your links to work. From what I read it's a little more to it then just being the common cold. So does Senator Tom Cotton.
post #3 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
TM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purebred View Post
Couldn't get any of your links to work. From what I read it's a little more to it then just being the common cold. So does Senator Tom Cotton.
Links didn't work? Mmm, that is odd. Maybe a GBO issue, and maybe GBO admin can fix.

But if you go to search engine duckduckgo.com and search 'Coronavirus and the common cold'_ _
the links will open from there.
.TM7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 03:50 PM

Come on TM7, I know you are smarter than that... There are many forms of coronavirus, two of which are SARS and MERS among many others. The big fear is it mutating into a much worse virus that it is now. Right now they are saying that coronavirus is not a major threat, yet China quarantines 20 million people. I don't think they would do that on a whim.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to pneumonia. Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and death.

Many are just a cold like illness and even the SARS and MERS hit the weaker portion of the population the hardest, just like the influenza. Influenza isn't a big deal for most people, but every year lots of people die from it.

So do you just want China to ignore the potential pandemic because some coronaviruses are mild? I think most people with weak immune systems would prefer they get a handle on it... Also, I heard the vaccine is 3 months away...

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #5 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 06:05 PM
Banned

From his (Tm7) past comments on vaccinations it didn't surprise me with his nonsense response to this health crisis either. Anyone that suggests vaccinations don't work is out of touch as far as I'm concerned.
post #6 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
TM7

17 people dead worldwide form Coronavirus does not make a dangerous epidemic- - please 😄 And Please do not add to the stampede.. like any cold or bronchial viruses it can lead to more serious complications in weakened subjects. Otherwise its just a cold virus_ _unless somebody weaponized it!

Vax 3 months away means they have it, and only need to produce commercial quantities. You two guys can have mine.
.TM7
post #7 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:25 PM
Banned

Sounds like you got it all figured out. The internet is full of valuable information. 😂
post #8 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-23-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM7 View Post
17 people dead worldwide form Coronavirus does not make a dangerous epidemic- - please 😄 And Please do not add to the stampede.. like any cold or bronchial viruses it can lead to more serious complications in weakened subjects. Otherwise its just a cold virus_ _unless somebody weaponized it!

.TM7
Well heck then, just let it run it's course... Nobody has said it's a dangerous epidemic (yet), but why wouldn't you want to contain it as much as possible and prevent the spread???

This virus came from snakes and bats and now is transferable from human to human, I don't know I think they should probably keep an eye on it...

And of all people, TM7 is believing the reports from China that only 600 are infected less than 20 have died... What is going on here!!!

Buckskin

"I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the h-ell they please. --John Wayne
post #9 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
TM7

Buck.
.. .keep an eye on it. By all means and watch how its commercialized.

Meanwhile, have you heard? There's a bad cold going around China; and its from snakes! 😉
.TM7
post #10 of 103 (permalink) Old 01-24-2020, 11:49 AM

I have no doubt it will be commercialized and the sky will be falling again, but there have been deadly pandemics in the past and there certainly will be in the future. I see no reason why WHO and others should ignore a potential deadly virus and not try and limit it's spread.

I suppose you feel the same way about EBOLA?

Buckskin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page