Stock market future plunge over 1000 points tonite yikes! - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet
Default Stock market future plunge over 1000 points tonite yikes!

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/the-...5-percent.html
oh boy its going to be another creaming of your 401ks and savings wow so how low is it going to settle and the mass layoffs will led to more despair and desperate folks wondering the streets

Last edited by sagia308; 03-15-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:23 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

i heard theres been runs on the banks a lot of banks are out of 100$ bills as of friday last week
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

this was a few hrs ago its worse now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:42 PM
Dee

The news media is ampin everything up.
People collectively, are herd animals.
Metaphorically, your witness to a stampede.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2020, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Gun Cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
The news media is ampin everything up.
People collectively, are herd animals.
Metaphorically, your witness to a stampede.
so their mindless reactionary like zombies that will stampede you if you get it there way. what happen to the tow the line cultural brother can i lend you a helping hand?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 01:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagia308 View Post
i heard theres been runs on the banks a lot of banks are out of 100$ bills as of friday last week

Fed dropped rate to zero and lifted the factional reserve requirements for all banks. There will be a run on the banks, Markets will open Monday morning and the fail safe will kick in shortly after, then in 15 minutes the markets will reopen for less than 5 minutes and will again be closed by the fail safe. During the 15 minute timeout the decision will be made to close the markets until further notice. Tuesday the run on the banks will begin and all **** will being to slowly break loose. Wednesday the banks will most likely close before noon until further notice. All ATMS will shortly run out of cash and will not be refiled. We will be moving away from cash most likely after all of this settles down. I also look to Wednesday to be when all non critical government offices to be closed. By Friday the mail will have stopped. After an insane weekend we will see curfews enforced nation wide and by March 24 we will see a "Medical Martial Law".

Join me @ https://www.GBOReloaded.com/forums
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Fed dropped rate to zero and lifted the factional reserve requirements for all banks. There will be a run on the banks, Markets will open Monday morning and the fail safe will kick in shortly after, then in 15 minutes the markets will reopen for less than 5 minutes and will again be closed by the fail safe. During the 15 minute timeout the decision will be made to close the markets until further notice. Tuesday the run on the banks will begin and all **** will being to slowly break loose. Wednesday the banks will most likely close before noon until further notice. All ATMS will shortly run out of cash and will not be refiled. We will be moving away from cash most likely after all of this settles down. I also look to Wednesday to be when all non critical government offices to be closed. By Friday the mail will have stopped. After an insane weekend we will see curfews enforced nation wide and by March 24 we will see a "Medical Martial Law".
Matt,

I wish you would revisit this after April 1 to see how accurate you were.

My view of the stock market TODAY is not the same as when it was developed; as a place invest in companies, raise capitol and have prices reflect underlying value or potential. Today the market is a large gambling venture where bets are placed on how prices will go. Most of the trades are by large funds or blocks of money not looking for long term investment but quick turn profit on a price move. I actually think it might be a good time to buy in but you might have to ride out a further fall before the rebound. It is still a risk however.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-16-2020, 02:09 PM

The stock market is being affected by the Saudi oil war, as well as the flu panic caused by the MSM. I'm sure the government bureaucracy will over reach as it always does during any crisis, and the MSM will throw as much gasoline on the situation as humanly possible. As always, people should ALREADY have plenty of basics for emergencies, such as food, water, supplies, plenty of cash, and plenty of ammo for their firearms, especially if you live in a city or populated area where you may need to keep either the slobbering, ravenous mobs at bay, or even the police in a "Katrina" type situation. Waiting until a disaster strikes is a poor time to find out you cannot protect your family or community from either the mobs, or the government itself.
Times like these are why I am glad I live in the sticks...people in herds can indeed be stampeded over a cliff as easily as cattle....
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2020, 11:57 AM

I agree with Ole Timer. I am getting to be a geezer so I guess that's why I still remember how my parents and grand parents lived. The real depression taught them some lessons that most living today have forgotten. I haven't. We had pantry's full of food and back ups for our backups. We repaired most things instead of throwing them away. Lots of people made most of their own clothes, darned socks and cooked from scratch and grew gardens.
Nowadays FEMA, Homeland Security and others, tell us we should have at least 3-5 days of food and water on hand. Storm warning - Button up and ware a hat. Its going to snow 2 to 3 inches. Most of our people are helpless and clueless. You can't rely on anyone helping you, but yourself. Pay attention to whats going on and learn from it. When this is over shore up your weaknesses. Do what makes sense. Good luck.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2020, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Yesterday, my Spousal Unit was taking an inventory - of sorts - referring to the loaded freezer, pantry, dry goods, game aplenty on the hunting property, etc., in her "preparation" for a long and drawn out "social distancing" effort, as well as first hand experience from the Publix grocery store shelves having been stripped bare by the local weenies.

I didn't even look up from 3-straight days of bleary eyes doing our 2019 Taxes. I already know the Tax Man cometh and Death isn't too far behind.

Watch the DemoCRAPs. Something is afoot and the Media is hyping this CRAOPLAvirus as cover.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page