Tomorrows the big event. - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Default Tomorrows the big event.

https://www.space.com/spacex-nasa-go...ut-launch.html

Keep your fingers crossed, this is the big one. Americas first mission by a private company useing a manned space launch. And the first we've had since 2011. President Trump said he was going to be watching this very closely.
America needs a pride jump start right now. Pound sand Democratic's, we are flying again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Sit back and watch, as America makes history once again, as with the privatisation of Space.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-26-2020 at 05:18 PM.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-26-2020, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

It's time to reverse what Obama did. And we will do it, hide and watch. It has three objectives, orbit,
docking and reentry.
Go Dragon make us proud.

Last edited by Argent11; 05-26-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 04:23 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Live - Cocoa, FL; Hunt - Mims, FL; Lk. Poincette, FL; Union, SC
Gun Cabinet
Send a message via Skype™ to land_owner

Living here in "Launch Central" by the Kennedy Space Center amid the "social distancing" clap trap, I am wondering where the 500,000 (HALF A MILLION) additional "Looky Lou's" are going to congregate today to watch today's historic launch? After they depart, how huge will the pile of carp be that they leave behind on our currently pristine streets, river fronts, and beaches?

There WILL BE a dem panic of public proportions on our coast today. Most businesses are still closed. Supplies are very limited. Restaurants are "allowed" to open - but not more than a max of 25% occupancy - at "social distancing" intervals. Take out? That's a stretch. This area never had the capacity to feed the masses at FULL POTENTIAL before COVID - now that capacity is cut back to 25%.

There will not be 7 loaves and 2 fish today to feed the masses dinner at 5:00 p.m., one half hour after the launch. It is going to take at LEAST 2 hours just to untangle the traffic.

I am staying home...though my sister and BIL are arriving mid-day today to see the launch, thus doubling my household occupancy. I can see the rocket from my front yard when it has topped the trees. They may wish to go to the river's edge for a view as it leaves the ground (in some highly popular places you can actually see the launch pad).

I prefer to see it lift off on TV, then wander into the yard to watch its trajectory to space. As it accelerates, the deep, long wave, rumbling sound hits the area like thunder. The rocket's smoke and condensate trail twists into a spiral swayed by upper atmospheric winds. Folks come out of their homes and turn their attention skyward. Cars stop along roadsides. Some point. Most just stare in the awe of it. ALL of the neighborhood dogs bark.

I have seen A LOT of launches. It does not get boring and I want this one to go smoothly. We ALL need this one to go smoothly - for a bunch of reasons, not the least of which is the two very brave men who are being launched today. Our thoughts and prayers for a safe ride go with them.

Last edited by land_owner; 05-27-2020 at 04:25 AM.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 07:23 AM

They do it every time. Dems cut things which either make America gain presteige among world nations, hurts our military opr boosts America's sovereignty.

..But with a true All-American at the helm, we have quit hitch hiking into space..for the first time since Obama 'colluded' with the Russians, in order to elevate Russia in the world's eyes.

DON'T DRINK THE KOOLAID !
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 07:41 AM
Dee

I would be far more "enthusiastic" if the United States had accomplished this "space station" sans the Russians.
I do however, hope the launch goes well.

"REPUBLIC OF TEXAS"!
To The Politician: if your not right with God, your not right for this country.
Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 08:12 AM

Me? Im all for it. Let space become a private interest thing and spend our tax money on our military and other real issues. I haven't seen a bit a profit come from the billions we spent on NASA. Good reason why the US and Russia havent bothered with the moon. Theres nothing there!! Our prestige amount the countrys of the world?? WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK. Bottom line is this is a private company. Doesn't have much to do with politics. About like having national pride in apple because they came out with a new cell phone.

BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!!!!!
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Russia charges us 75 million per astronaut, and that's just for the ride. There's no telling what else is attached to that bill. Crew Dragon is not a very big space capsule when compared to the Shuttle, so it can't carry very much other than it being just for transportation. Supply's for the ISS will still have to be delivered by a different vehicle.

But this is still a big milestone for America. I hope Obama is crying in his wheaties with a picture of Caitlyn Jenner on the box.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

https://www.foxnews.com/science/elon...g-its-my-fault

At least he wouldn't be passing the buck.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2020, 12:20 PM

From Argent11:
Quote:
But this is still a big milestone for America. I hope Obama is crying in his wheaties with a picture of Caitlyn Jenner on the box.
???
GuzziJohn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page