5” of snow and I don’t care - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Default 5” of snow and I don’t care

Well in our area we just got about 5” of heavy snow ☹️ But I’m not waiting any longer to start my plants. 8 real tomatoe 🍅 plants and 2 cherry type (no I don’t consider them real tomatoes, just snackers lol). 16 pepper plants ranging from bell to bull horn to pablano to tame jalapeños. And then a couple cantaloupe. Everything else gets planted direct as soon as the ground warms up or Memorial weekend. This will include potatoes, onions, carrots, winter squash, green beans, zucchini and yellow squash. The asparagus, blueberries, red raspberries, black raspberries and strawberries are looking like they did ok over the winter. And I am hoping my grape vines take off.

Life is short......eternity is long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 PM

Cool weather forecast after a few above average days in my part of Minn. but it looks like planting potatoes on May Day will not be a problem but I am wonder if the cooler than average weather is going to be the majority of days which means later corn and tomatoes.

RR
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 07:01 PM

Snow, including piles is all gone up here but last night they said South of my home town may get four to eight inches of snow.
Next week both gardens get tilled and potatoes go in the ground.
I finally found my corn packets I had been searching for way, way back in the freezer in a plastic bag.
May try putting corn in but I have dealt with seed rotting in the ground before and do not really want to waste time that way this year.

RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

We are supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow this afternoon. My onions are planted but unless things drastically change nothing will be going into the ground early this year. We are starting to wonder if we are going to go from winter to summer because we really have not had any spring

Life is short......eternity is long.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page