Graybeard Outdoors

Graybeard Outdoors (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gardening and Home Winemaking (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/135-gardening-home-winemaking.html)
-   -   Just in time (https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/135-gardening-home-winemaking/414638-just-time.html)

longwinters 05-22-2020 05:50 PM

Just in time

The weather warmed up just in time to allow me to plant my garden this week. Squash, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash etc. Getting some blossoms on the strawberry plants I’m looking forward to seeing what this year will bring. Hope things are going well with all of you and that your gardens grow great this year.

wtxbadger 05-23-2020 04:48 PM

Been picking squash and tomatoes for a few weeks now, got an early start with the tomatoes, the boss lady bought a container grown cherry tomato plant that was fairly good size back in early April. The other tomatoes are doing good and putting on now. Green beans are starting to put on so we'll be picking fairly quick. Blackeye peas are growing well but no pods yet. Finally made a stand of corn but it took several plantings to get there, probably not a bad thing as our corn harvest will be staggered somewhat. For the first time in years we planted cucumbers and the plants are looking healthy and blooming. Sure would be nice to pick some fresh ones for a salad. We're still waiting a week or two to plant okra. Put up several quarts of blackberries in the freezer and figure they'll play out in another week.

So far not a bad year for our garden.

Bob Riebe 05-25-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longwinters (Post 2056046908)
The weather warmed up just in time to allow me to plant my garden this week. Squash, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, yellow squash etc. Getting some blossoms on the strawberry plants Iím looking forward to seeing what this year will bring. Hope things are going well with all of you and that your gardens grow great this year.

Same here but I am not done yet.
Not very often I plant this late in the year.
Muddy garden and no desire to look like Pigpen from Charlie Brown has slowed things down.
Went from genuine dry to just wet enough to be good for plants but nasty sticky dirt.

charles p 05-26-2020 02:02 PM

Everything is in here except some tomato plants wife started from seed. Should be big enough by the weekend. Need warm nights.

longwinters 05-28-2020 07:18 AM

It’s fun to see the plants grow daily in the warm days with a fair amount of rain. Although we have cooler weather coming hope not to see frost.