F A Eye Candy Please - Page 20 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 202 (permalink) Old 12-29-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejr454 View Post
I was able to get a few things accomplished on my Freedom/Shiloh set.
Got the plaque done, and added some red felt to the interior.
The next major thing is getting the grips completed.
That is an amazing set, did not know they existed. Incredible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 202 (permalink) Old 12-30-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJM View Post
squint...whose shoulder holster is that... I have been looking for a comfortable one...

Bob
Bob:

I don't know much about that particular leather holster, just that it works well, especially if I 'sometimes' don't want to wear on hip for various reasons. Had to fabricate a shorter snap/strap to better secure 4.75 inch FA in this one. My guns have primarily been used for hunting or ranch work, being my usual approach.

For hip, I have a great FA leather holster (to use with or without scope - split at top for scope mount) plus another 'old west' hip style holster made especially for short barrel FA, that I found in a remote leather goods shop while on contract in Montana during early 2000's.

If looking closely at picture, there is an emblem stamped on shoulder holster. Have never looked it up or researched it.

My brother found it for me decades ago somewhere in Texas, while working as a Texas Peace Officer. He knew I had been looking for that type of verticle shoulder style 'but in leather' to replace same style 'in nylon' made by Uncle Mikes, I had worn throughout 80s. Both are comfortable but leather is more so.
post #193 of 202 (permalink) Old 12-31-2019, 12:39 AM

Default Primus Inter Pares

These are fairly rare also. Only around thirty five of these where made from 1986-1992.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Primus Inter Pares 2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	238918  

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squint View Post
Quote:
squint...whose shoulder holster is that... I have been looking for a comfortable one...

Bob
Bob:

I don't know much about that particular leather holster, just that it works well, especially if I 'sometimes' don't want to wear on hip for various reasons. Had to fabricate a shorter snap/strap to better secure 4.75 inch FA in this one. My guns have primarily been used for hunting or ranch work, being my usual approach.

For hip, I have a great FA leather holster (to use with or without scope - split at top for scope mount) plus another 'old west' hip style holster made especially for short barrel FA, that I found in a remote leather goods shop while on contract in Montana during early 2000's.

If looking closely at picture, there is an emblem stamped on shoulder holster. Have never looked it up or researched it.

My brother found it for me decades ago somewhere in Texas, while working as a Texas Peace Officer. He knew I had been looking for that type of verticle shoulder style 'but in leather' to replace same style 'in nylon' made by Uncle Mikes, I had worn throughout 80s. Both are comfortable but leather is more so.
Quote:
These are fairly rare also. Only around thirty five of these where made from 1986-1992.
Had a chance to look into shoulder holster asked about. Think the company is different now, but emblem looks like something from a desert eagle. Perhaps the old magnum research.
post #195 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:
That is a super sweet presentation. A neat historical set as well. Thanks for sharing these posts.

Squint
post #196 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-04-2020, 10:42 PM
RJM

Thanks Squint....

Found this last month for a price I could not walk away from...picked it up off lay-a-way Thursday...Happy New YEAR!!

83 Premier
6" barrel
.41 Magnum
In 2014 went back to the factory for:
Round Butt
Recessed Crown
3# Action Job
Box and all paperwork

I am thinking about sending it back to FA to have the barrel cut to 4.75" as I already have a 6"...

Bob

...if you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you...
post #197 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-08-2020, 11:26 PM

Looks awesome Bob. Thanks for posting, its good to see an actual image of this configuration as have been looking to order exact profile in m83. I like it! Do not have 6 inch yet.

Have 7.5, 4.75 and 3inch. If primarily bench shooting, would strongly consider a 10 inch as well but still want to be able to hunt shooting off-hand (if needed) though shooting rest is much preferred.

Really like the inverted crown alot(one of mine has that dished out muzzle and looks good), also would like to have 1 octagon bbl someday (it may balance well in hand) but have always liked round ones a great deal.

squint
post #198 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 04:06 PM
RJM

My dealer mailed the gun today to FA to have the barrel shortened....hate to loose the inverted crown but can't see the extra money for it..my other 6" has it and that's enough...

...if you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you...
post #199 of 202 (permalink) Old 01-09-2020, 08:47 PM

Picked up this 10" mod 97 in .357 a while ago. It's my only octagon barrel FA. Ron Power did a trigger job, jeweling and added the sling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toys small.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	499.1 KB
ID:	239450  

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

Dumb, Dumber, Democrat

Last edited by Apuesto; 01-10-2020 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Grammar
post #200 of 202 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM

Quote:
My dealer mailed the gun today to FA to have the barrel shortened....hate to loose the inverted crown but can't see the extra money for it..my other 6" has it and that's enough...
That’s the first FA I’ve seen with an inverted crown, interesting. Should look sweet with the shortened barrel, be sure to post pics!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page