BAR SNIPER RIFLE??? - Graybeard Outdoors
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 185

In the back of my memory I seem to remember a tactical version of a BAR made up in 300WM with a heavy barrel and a stock that resembled a McMillan A2 design. Digging deeper it may have been called "Longbow" or some such. It was most definitely NOT made or endorsed by Browning, but rather some small specialty shop as a semi auto for sniping.

I didnt pay too much attention to it at the time since my working rifles were issued to me then; but it always interested me. I kind of figured that some day I would build one if I ever found a cheap enough used BAR. Now I found one and I cant find any info on the rifle. I can work around that and come up with my own specs for the barrel length etc, but I dont have any source for the stock.

I called McMillan and they denied any knowledge of such a beast. In fact they denied ever making two piece stocks. The only suggestion they could offer was to buy a A2 blank stock and cut away what I didnt need.... Im so sure it was a McMillan A2 that I cant think of any other manufacture to call.

Now that Ive got a little more spare time and a few extra pennies this seems like a fun project; but its no good without the right stock. Who makes aftermarket stocks for Brownings, wood would be fine, as long as its the correct configuration. The A2 has a almost verticle grip and is raised for a scope. The handguard should be wider and flat too.

Does anyone remember hearing or seeing something like this???

Any suggestions???
EDELWEISS is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 12:03 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 48

That was the Interdiction Rifle made by ArmsTech. It served in Kosovo IIRC.
Bigfoot is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Pocahontas, Arkansas
Posts: 5,973

Thanks for providing that info Bigfoot!! Very interesting.

You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.
nomosendero is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MN
Posts: 7,572
Send a message via Yahoo to billy_56081

I think here is another look at it.

99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.
billy_56081 is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome