New BAR II FTE PROBLEMS - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

Default New BAR II FTE PROBLEMS

Is this the right place for my question? How to fix the FTE problem.

It is a NIB Whitetails Unlimited 7mm Rem. BAR rifle dated 1993, unfired when I bought it a month ago . The plunger style ejector appears to work as intended. The extractor seems to be appropriately "spring loaded" as near as I can tell. About half of the rounds fired don't get all the way out of the ejection port. I removed the gas piston and it looked pretty clean. Came out easily. I've fired the rifle about 40-50 times.

Do any of you know how I can fix this? I don't want to send it anywhere.

Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see? That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Default Re: New BAR II FTE PROBLEMS

Had to turn my Weaver rings around. The clamp knob was interfering with ejection.

Please close.

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see? That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM

Are you using factory ammo. Loads that are too hot cause all types of problems in Rem and Browning semi rifles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. Yes, factory ammo. I fixed it. I found that the clamp knob on the Weaver ring was interfering with the ejection. I reversed the ring so that the clamp knob was on the left side of the rifle, and like magic, the rifle works perfectly now.

NRA Life Member
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 12:52 AM

I bought a 1980 model bar chambered in 3006, I had jam/ejection issues while hunting bear with the 220 grain corelokt round nose loads, having never owned a semi auto in my life i got a fine education from a highly qualified gunsmith. round nose cause problems feeding and shell ejection. Ive used spire points since and not a problem also a tip i picked up from the smith was use nickle plated casings as they dont gum up as much as brass ones that are exposed to the conditions, not a pob in bolt action but semi autos another story. also hand loads under powered can cause issues and ive been told to stay away from "hot" loads as well. keep that piston clean and free shoud be good to go.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page