Browning BLR .308 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Default Browning BLR .308

Took my fathers Browning BLR to Georgia with me last week. It still puts venison in the freezer! I killed a nice fat doe with this rifle when I was 14 and had borrowed it from my dad. Now 40 years later it is mine and it still drops them in their tracks (when I do my job right). I bet my dad was smiling when that deer hit the ground.

CR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	deerxx.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	237494  

A man without a stick will get bitten, even by sheep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:29 PM

Nice buck! Just carrying Dad's old gun in the woods brings back some good memories - taking a nice buck just adds icing to the cake!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-06-2019, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Spruce!

It was nice just to carry it around with me! Still does the job when called upon. Dropped him in his tracks which I like as I hate trailing deer.

CR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 07:53 AM

Good for you ,I know that was a great feeling .
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:18 PM

Nice Buck. Nice Browning BLR.
I got my Dad’s Camo Remington Shotgun. I hope to get a Gobbler with it.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:20 PM

Was in a CO elk camp once. Fellow in my tent took a nice elk with the same rifle and caliber.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 08:25 AM

That's a dandy buck! Good shooting.

TR
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 08:33 AM

my dad was never a gun guy like me. He hunted for years with his marlin 3030. One year I gave him my rem classic 6mm and he hunted for years with that. We at that time went to a camp with all his buddys and one had a blr308. My dad and all the guys there went ga ga over it. The old rednecks all thought it was the most beautiful gun they ever saw. Few years late dad was retiring. So I bought him a new blr 308 and a vari x 2 leupold for a retirement gift (partially so I could get my 6mm back) He killed MANY deer with that gun and still to this day proudly shows it to everyone that visits at our camp. Hes 87 this year and shot himself a nice 7 pointer (could have been called an 8 with a broken tine) He told me this year when he dies he wanted me to have it and I told him I have to many guns already and to give it to one of his grandkids so that it will continue to kill deer. I just hope at 87 im still around to even be the camp cook let alone still get out in the woods.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! STEEL FOR TANKS NOT FENCES!!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-16-2019, 01:38 PM

Nice Buck. Nice BLR. They are great rifles.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-18-2019, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd smale View Post
my dad was never a gun guy like me. He hunted for years with his marlin 3030. One year I gave him my rem classic 6mm and he hunted for years with that. We at that time went to a camp with all his buddys and one had a blr308. My dad and all the guys there went ga ga over it. The old rednecks all thought it was the most beautiful gun they ever saw. Few years late dad was retiring. So I bought him a new blr 308 and a vari x 2 leupold for a retirement gift (partially so I could get my 6mm back) He killed MANY deer with that gun and still to this day proudly shows it to everyone that visits at our camp. Hes 87 this year and shot himself a nice 7 pointer (could have been called an 8 with a broken tine) He told me this year when he dies he wanted me to have it and I told him I have to many guns already and to give it to one of his grandkids so that it will continue to kill deer. I just hope at 87 im still around to even be the camp cook let alone still get out in the woods.

Lloyd,

I hear you! I hope to be in the woods and terrorizing the deer population when I am 87. I am changing the way I hunt these days. 20 years ago I would go up and down tree stands like a squirrel. Now I am starting to enjoy a nice hunt in a box blind. I agree with your father and mine the BLR is a nice looking rifle and a pure joy to carry. They also do a dang fine job of putting venison in the freezer which is the best way to measure success in my thoughts anyway.

Enjoy these hunts with your father! I lost mine to a heart attack when he was 69 and would give anything to go on another hunt with him.

CR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in