Pine needle tea - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Default Pine needle tea

Has anyone ever tried this? I had never heard of this until recently.

http://www.practicalprimitive.com/sk...needletea.html

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 05:39 PM

I wouldn't try this with Hemlock or Citronella!
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 06:39 PM

Yeah THAT
Sure wish the author would have included a warning more than the "positively identify your pine trees"; like, "If you pick the wrong trees it can kill you". This is much like the 'lets go mushrooming' posts where the caveat is WAY important.
But all that said, pine needle tea is Ok when yer in the bush with a need for a hot beverage and have nothing but water and a tin cup.

Last edited by gcrank1; 12-06-2016 at 06:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 06:43 PM

Gun Cabinet
Default Bleck!!!!!!

I have bit into a pine needle. They are all over my place. Not sure I want tea brewed from these.

or else...................

God Bless America and Donald Trump !
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 PM

Ahhhh, ya gotta find that nice young one with more sugar
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrank1 View Post
Yeah THAT
Sure wish the author would have included a warning more than the "positively identify your pine trees"; like, "If you pick the wrong trees it can kill you". This is much like the 'lets go mushrooming' posts where the caveat is WAY important.
But all that said, pine needle tea is Ok when yer in the bush with a need for a hot beverage and have nothing but water and a tin cup.
I kinda figured it was "just ok" when you have nothing else. I did find this info about it:

Conifers (Pinus strobus and Pinus resinosa in particular) provide year round goodness that includes 136mg of vitamin C per one cup of pine needles. Pine needles also contain vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, calcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium. If this isnít enough, they also contain polyprenols, physterols and carotenoids and this makes pine tea a potent antioxidant health brew. The white pine (eastern and western) is so nutrient-rich it truly is a hard act to follow in the winter months for nutrients.

Liberal Logic 101:
Americans shall be required to submit to a background check to exercise a right already guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment while any foreigner shall be allowed into America without submitting to a background check.

H&R family: Topper 88 16 Gauge Mod, Pardner 16 gauge Full, Model 480 Topper Jr .410 Full, Handi .300 AAC Blackout
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 10:20 AM

All that about how good it is for for you but not a word about 'how good it is'.....
I have reflected back to the old days when scurvy was an issue, here they were, surrounded by pine trees and a likely cure.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-07-2016, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

I imagine you'd have to add some regular black or green tea leaves to it to make it actually taste good.

Liberal Logic 101:

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:06 PM

I drank a lot of Hudson Bay tea while I lived in southeast alasks. It's real good if made right. Dry the leaves and keep a big pot full of them simmering all the time. Add water as needed.

Byron

Christian by choice, American by the grace of God.

NRA LIFE, Trump for 2020
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-2016, 10:35 PM

I was watching a British show on owls and the man camped out to study the birds. He made some pine needle tea and said it was all right for an occasional drink, but did not explain what he meant by that. He did not seem put off by the taste.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page