Graybeard Outdoors banner

Most important thing in you’re bag.

9K views 61 replies 24 participants last post by  lloyd smale 
#1 ·
I lean towards water purification and dried foods.

#40 ·
I’m hoping this situation never happens because if it does I’m gonna be pissed off and things will not go well for those that push me away from my wood burning stove, rocking chair, and comfort of home...

Reactions: Moose Ears
#45 ·
Just doing a search of some older posts in topics I like; This being one of them.
I have to say that you are quite the guy. Bragger, hard-a$$, know-it-all...I won't go on.
Saw your post about getting the Mod Spot back. Just before that, I read your post where you used a derogatory word to describe Japanese. Is it acceptable to use the "N" word here? With you setting the bar, it might as well be. And this site lets people like you moderate. Stunning.
This thread shows you talking about how you have the ARs and the Ammo and could take other people's preps. I'd say you something in between Not Funny, and Dangerous.
But understand this:
You treat people like you do and then talk about all of your preps...then you post your home town.
I did a search for you and found your address. So do you think your mouth is functioning with any form of OPSEC in mind?
Good luck with your crap. This site is big enough that I won't ever have to frequent your posts again.
I see your colors.
If this post costs me my place here, then I can say this wasn't a good place anyway.

#46 ·
34 posts and your trying to be the fourm police!! What a joke. Hope Bill is watching because we just aquired another pot stirrer. I suggest you take your advice to heart and stay out of threads im in because you will find out what a moderator does. By the way tough guy. you know where i live. You sure didnt have to search long because its right in my profile along with my REAL NAME. Now im going to let this go but next time you make personal attacks on me or anyone else here action will be taken. This time just a warning. As to my posting. Me 20 years and over 20k of posts and many people that will tell you ive helped them You? well ill say JUSTbill. You been here not even a full month and think you can judge someone that youve never even met and tell me what proper and whats not here. Talk about arrogance and talk about a know it all!!!

#48 ·
GOSH my feelings are hurt. I must be as thin skinned as you. 😂 Big boys play here. Sometimes someone even swears!! Might find a more liberal flower in your hair place to hang out.

#51 ·
everything in my BOB is there because it's life or death to be without it. For the size and weight, tho, the "pharma" is the most valuable. Sedatives, stimulants"go" and 'no-go" pills, painkillers, anti-inflammation pills, antibiotics, all are priceless. Total 1 oz, the size of small aspirin bottle, in little glassine envelopes, marked.

#53 ·
It doesn't get below 0F here and only rarely is it below +20F and then only at night. So I dont bother with heavy clothing for the BOB, nor a sleeping bag, nor sleeping pad. I can get by with just a pair of 2Go Systems Trifecta bivvies. $150 for the pair, 2.5 lbs total. When it's cold, I put the regular size inside of the XL and run a ridgeline and net hammock thru them, taping shut the hole in their bottoms. I wear them as ponchos, and sometimes deploy them as a canopy. They are made of "breathable" mylar backed by clothing-grade Tyvek. Lots of tie outs all around, very roomy inside, and fully zippered. I carry an oval of double layered PEVA shower curtain. I can clamp/tape the PEVA in the open end of the bivvies and "aim" the one-way projected heat of a 3-log Siberian fire lay at the PEVA, from a safe 5 ft away.

#54 ·
you can have it. First snow, somebody will see your smoke or tracks and snipe you. When you have night vision, a silenced .22 unit on the AR, armor, subsonic ammo, night scope and brains enough to be hidden during daylight hours, it wont matter how many are around you. In fact, they will be sources of supply.

#57 ·
little bit waco but i didnt see any behavior that is worse then the liberals making personal attack here that everyone is afraid to ban.

#60 ·
I dunno who banned him or why nor how to find out who did. I figure Lloyd but his comments since make me think it wasn't him. On the old software I could look at the moderator logs and see and ask, on this new software I'm as lost as I'd be if ya tossed me out in the middle of some foreign country without a GPS.

I think my days here are growing shorter. I'm just not happy with this software, not comfortable in trying to use it and am getting zero input or communication from the site owners. I've sent 3 e-mails to the one who is supposedly my POC and gotten no response whatsoever. They seem to have abandoned me and this site and I'm about ready to abandon them and it as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.