Hunting /survival gun belt - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Default Hunting /survival gun belt

I just have bought a Condor LCS molle belt .
I use wright now for a gun belt. My plans for it is to have it set up for hunting and survival. It will be used for dual purpose.
As of now I just have a holster and mag holder a Rat 5 knife on it. I want to have a small trauma kit on it . Plus I also want some type of slim shotgun shell pouch. I will also have a small fire kit on it .
For the hunting the holster and pistol come off. The pistol mag pouches will come off as will the shotgun shell pouch .
I will then add rifle shell belt slide maybe two of those . A canteen will be added.. I'm also thinking of adding a multi tool . The trauma kit and Knife stay on at all times. As does the small fire kit.i forgot to mention. The rifle shell belt slides will only hold 6 rounds each or less .
Other types of mag holders and pouches and the contents will be added or removed as situations arise .
Any of you have similar belt set up? Or do you have several belts set up ?

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 04:02 PM

Location: 3 miles NW of Brownells retail store and they keep me broke!

My belt has no more than a pistol and a knife on it. My rifle has a neoprene shell holder on the stock. Everything else goes into a back pack or hangs on it. I seldom carry a shotgun and rifle at the same time but if the need comes up then the shotgun will minus a duck plug and loaded to the gills with another half dozen shells in the back pack.

I worked for thirty years with an 18 lb tool belt hanging on me. My back would not handle that now! If you do wear a weighted down belt and you are not used to it then distribute the weight evenly or you will be walking crooked in a short time......seen it a million times!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-24-2020, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

I'm not carrying the rifle and shotgun at the same time. When hunting I will take the shotgun shell pouch off . Then add the rifle shell belt slides .

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page