Where is everyone from? - Page 12 - Graybeard Outdoors

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:10 PM

My first post here.

Just saw the MN forum today for the first time. No one has posted in here since 2014, but I thought I would make a post here anyway. Good enough place for a 1st post as far as I am concerned.

I will offer some info about myself, and perhaps more than necessary, but if I do it right, then all should be fine & I won't have to do it again.
LOL

I live in Goodhue county, MN.

I like to do outdoors stuff like hunting, fishing, camping shooting, etc. I am a handloader & shooter, as well as other crafts like making fishing jigs & sinkers, tying flies & including all sorts of other woodscrafts & backwoods doins that go along with spending time in the outdoors from primitive styles up to mid 20th century/modern.

I like to garden & set up/preserve foods, including meats & fish. I like to cook outside more than inside, but am pretty good with both, as I have been told.

I spent started out in construction in the late 70's, then joined up & spent 6 years in the USMC, then after that I started my own business doing construction contracting, & now am semi retired due to health reasons.

I have 2 grown sons. One with a DIL & 2 grandboys at around 8 & 10 years old.

If any are interested about religion & political leanings, or any other such things... I am a Conservative Christian man who dislikes the two main parties that supposedly represent us & I want to be a part of the MAGA movement, or at least make it better than it is now, considering all the Leftists trying to change our country into some cesspool.
While I do not attend any "established" church, I prefer the time spent in Nature as my church & am glad to spend that time with others who prefer that type of religious atmosphere to "organized religious activities" in some building on a Sunday.

I call it the, Church of the Divine Wilderness".
Others may not feel the way I do, but that is their choice, as I have made mine. I will let Jesus & God judge my personal religious activities & no one else...

{I only mentioned that last part above about religion & politics, as I have been lurking & reading this forum for some time now & know that there are those who want to know where folks stand on such things, even though I think it really is a "None- ya"; Which means, "None ya **** business.". But, in the spirit of being upfront & to try to eliminate conjecture, I put it in here. }

I think that should about do it for info about me. I dislike talking a lot about myself on the internet, so that is all ya get right now.

Don't know if I will post again or not, but I just waded in here today on a whim, gave up some info, & now time will tell if things remain simple or not.

Last edited by JBinMN; 04-11-2019 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Spelling , syntax & all that type of stuff. Hope I got it all. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:21 PM

Welcome, thank you for the post, just south of you in Iowa, we got rain, are you getting snowed on?
Best wishes

Come quickly, Lord Jesus
post #113 of 113 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodshot View Post
Welcome, thank you for the post, just south of you in Iowa, we got rain, are you getting snowed on?
Best wishes

Snow, ice(not too much), rain, thunder-snow & lightning & lots of wind. Probably have about 10 or so inches of snow, but it is that heavy wet stuff that weighs a lot & compacts almost as it hits the ground, with about an inch or better of slush under it. Kind of hard to tell, for me to say how much.

We have another wave coming in thru Saturday from what they say & I am just leaving it set for now, as we don't have to go anywhere special & do just fine hunkered in.

I am pretty tired of moving this "global warming" white stuff around & just figure to let Nature do its thing & only clear what I have to this time of year.

Hope you are not getting the flooding that some up here in our part of the nation are getting & dealing with, as that is just more grief to deal with when folks are tired of Winter as it is...

Thanks for the Welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Graybeard Outdoors forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page